Chiefs Rams- epic but also telling

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 19, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's exactly what the league wants. Big play offense , high scoring games. Ball Hawking DBs will become the priority on Defense as the league pushes away from contact. The rules have been changing to get the results we saw Monday night.

Patriot likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Offense becoming too easy? Tell that to the Jets.

Harpua and K'OB like this.
  3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I guess when you look at the safety and liability aspect, this may explain the shift to this style of feminized game. I also wonder if Fantasy Football is also to blame, since low scoring games is not ideal for these type of fans.

If you look at the famous 1968 AFL Championship game, the Raider's entire defense would have been thrown out of today's game for unsportsmanlike penalties.

How many QBs today could have taken the punishment Namath took that day without being shell shocked?

I will take that game any day over that piece of crap game on Monday Night Football!

TonyFtLaud and NY Jets68 like this.
  4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its happening to all physical sports. The NHL is going through the same thing. What was once seen a a game of striking odds of beauty and violence has mostly seen the violence drop off. Sure there is still some fighting, but the true rugged days dropped off long ago.

The biggest part of this is the science world catching up to the long term effects of head injuries. I myself have suffered many over the years and tell my kids that if they get hit and get dizzy or lose any memory of time to get the fuck out of the game. The Players lawsuits are speeding this up and helping to create rules they hate.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dallas defense says "what's up?"