Chad Pennington to Fins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

AP reports the Miami Dolphins could have a shot at acquiring Tennessee Titans QB Steve McNair, Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper or the New York Jets QB Chad Pennington because of contract problems with their current teams. Titans GM Floyd Reese told The Tennesseean the franchise would not pay a $50 million bonus McNair is due in March. If unable to reach agreement on a restructured contract, the Titans may release McNair because of his large salary-cap number. A recent Culpepper request for a pay raise to $10 million for 2006 reportedly didn't sit well with Vikings officials, especially considering his poor play last season before he tore three knee ligaments. The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reported the Vikings have dangled Culpepper, who is now serving as his own agent, for a second-round draft choice. Pennington, who is trying to come back from his second serious shoulder injury, already has rejected a restructure request from the Jets designed to lower his cap number. The status of all three quarterbacks should be clear before the signing period begins March 3.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/article.php?story=20060220062904719

That would be hilarious...I'd love to see Bryan Thomas come off the edge and rip Pennington's arm off.

2. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

If pennington doesnt take the cut here, he doesnt deserve to play in the nfl

he wont be succesfull, hes too weak to be a starter and too unreliable to be a backup, in my book, hes done

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That would be a GREAT move for Miami, keep Gus for this year then when they should be rady to make a deep playoff run in '07 have a fully recovered Chad. This will be our worst nightmare if it happens, I still think and hope he stays.

4. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Hell, I'd just love to see Bryan Thomas finally do something other than being a waste of a pick.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

hahaha...me too man.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pennington in a Dolphins uniform would make me sick.

You know he would win a title in Miami.

Because that is just the luck of the New York Jets.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Pennington is a Jets uniform would make me sick, because that means the team's not going anywhere.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I'm a huge Pennington fan, but this is definitely not our worst nightmare... It's so far from our worst nightmare it's not funny.

9. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. NYJets317

NYJets317 New Member

I would love to see Pennington go to the Dolphins. They would have and injury waiting to happen at QB. And would give me a another reason to hate there guts.

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Can you believe it? Who could ever worry about Chad in a Miami uniform when we have Jay "The Stupendous" Fielder on our team?

In all seriousness I could care less where Chad goes. He would probably do OK in Miami because they do have a pretty good team now, but he will never be as good as he once was.

12. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I laughed because it was funny that he may be going to our rivals, and we will get to beat him twice a year.

Dude, stop patronizing me already, you are always singling me out at random on my posts and then bringing up jay fiedler. Did I bring him up first? No you just like to butt in to cause a seen just to get attention. Cut the crap already.

13. PennyandtheJets

I am not holding it against you that you think Jay will be on the team, but since I think it is completely wrong I feel it is my job to give you grief about it. Its not like you can't mess with me back. In fact I don't know why you haven't tried ragging on Jay Cutler. As far as attempting to get other peoples attention I don't really need to do anything like that. I have been on the board long enough to the point where basically everyone already knows me.

Soon enough this whole Jay Fiedler debate will end and we will know who was right all along.

14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Who wrote THAT contract?!!

15. PennyandtheJets

Haha...I take it you didn't hear about that? My Dad told me about that about a week ago. I didn't believe him until I saw it with my own eyes. Pretty stupid way to structure a contract if you ask me.

16. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm sure it sounded real nice at the time.

Just plays into my running theories on how football contracts are a different animal.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i am a chad fan and it is obvious he will not command any money on the open market - if he is smart and thinks he can still play renogtiate he should redo his deal for $1mill and earn the other $8 million proving everyon wrong. On trhe open market he will get the vet minimum in a 1 year deal to prove himself. Hell if he has to prove himself any get the million bucks in the bank -- be smart about it chad - help the team out!

18. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

whatever happened to browning nagle? glenn foley? lets hope chad does not follow in their footsteps.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Dolphins are gonna sign Drew Brees. I think either KC or Dallas are more likely for Chad..

20. PennyandtheJets

That would be the best fit for Drew. I don't see him coming to the Jets.