Chad Hansen and Ardarious Stewart

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, May 8, 2018.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

At the risk of getting flamed big time, IMO we will see a ton of Devin Smith in preseason. This is do or die for him. He needs to make a precious and lasting impression to remain employed and may be take a spot if Anderson gets suspended . This might affect the playing time of the youngsters.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I feel bad for smith. he has talent and could have been good, but he tears his knee up every time he plays

LAJet likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I thought it was ArDarius? What do I know. I was never involved in one-upmanship name-wise in the maternity ward.

egelband and Sec124DieHard like this.
  4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

They'll be battling for snaps all season behind Enunwa, Anderson, Pryor and Kearse. Barring those 4 staying healthy, I doubt either would see the field for much action and if they did, most of it would be in blow-out situations.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them were released after Training Camp. If I had to bet I'd bet on it being Stewart, but both will likely stick around through 2019. I think the WR room will change drastically after 2018. All 4 of the guys listed above are really on 1 year "prove you should be here in 2019 and beyond" deals, all for their own unique reasons.

5. GasedAndConfused

yeah it's interesting that our top 4 WRs are on the last year of their deals. I'd personally like to have continuity for darnold to come in. I think anderson and enunwa both get LTDs. I think we let kearse walk (especially if stewart or hansen step up) Pryor will be dependent on his play. if he returns to his browns form i think we keep him around a little longer. If he is the same guy washington let walk, then we let him walk too.

Also never say never. Injuries happen. Anderson was an UDFA rookie we thought we'd never see then decker and marshall went down and all of a sudden he was starting for us.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Really.

Enunwa is an injury risk. Anderson has off-field issue. Neither are worth long term deal. Especially not Anderson. If I could have it my way, I'd trade him away for a draft pick and let him be someone else's headache.

If youth movement is the theme, going by Stewart and Hansen heavily this season won't be a bad idea.

stinkyB and Passepartout like this.
  7. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Indeed people think that on the field thing and brilliance can help you get a deal. But being injured and being an troublemaker off the field will hurt a lot.

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

The little we've seen of them Hansen struck me as the more likely of the two to develop into a pesky little asset who "catches the critical" pass type guy in the vein of Jericho Cotchery or maybe Danny Amendola. But that was just my impression as a fan watching the games.

I'm still eager to see if each of them can develop. I've always like Pryor too so I'm cautiously optimistic on the Jets receivers this season.

9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I thought Stewart would be the best of the two. But they are equally bad. Not expecting much growth. One or both might not make it out of training camp.

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yes that's it... they are bad...

FJF likes this.
  11. boozer32

Glad you agree.

12. BroadwayAaron

I don't think you can really label two rookies anything when they haven't even been given the chance to play yet. I don't know that they will because the people currently ahead of them on the depth chart are pretty good, but calling them bad is just misguided.

13. boozer32

It is not hard to see if a player has talent and will make it. These two guys were overwhelmed at the next level and it showed. They should have easily played a role last year with Enunwa out and getting reps when Anderson and Kearse took a break.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re worried champ might beat you out for that award aren’t you?

stinkyB, K'OB and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

Hansen never looked overwhelmed. I don't know where that idea is coming from. I think Stewart was mentally overwhelmed with the whole being inactive thing and then not getting his opportunity. But at no point did I look at those two guys and think "lost cause". I mean didn't they both miss time with injuries in camp? Kind of a shitty start when you're a rookie receiver.

This is a close and exciting race!

FJF likes this.
  16. boozer32

You can make up excuses for them but I guess we will see if they make any progress this year. I'm talking solid progress not just catching one pass more than last year. You know how some Jets fan measures success.

17. boozer32

Who is champ and what award? Have no idea how this has anything to do with Hansen and Stewart.

18. BroadwayAaron

Here is your winner... AND NEWWWWWWWWW....

FJF likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Major Edit - Gonna be interesting to see who wins.

20. GasedAndConfused

The thing is you don't just trade away talent. I'd hardly call enunwa an injury risk. he only had last eyar with a neck injury. If he proves to be healthy this season, there is no reason to not keep him around. If the neck causes trouble then yeah might have to let him walk. But 1 injury in a 4 year career isn't a risk yet. A guy like devin smith is a risk.

As far as anderson goes, it's a little blow out of proportion. At this point it's nothing more then a traffic case. I doubt the NFL even suspends him. he'll pay a ticket and it will be done with. Anderson also has rare talent and potential to be a top 10 WR in the NFL. you don't let that walk over a traffic ticket.

If you really think hansen and stewart can just replace those 2 without a huge drop off on the offense, your crazy