Carson Palmer has a broken arm

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Expected to miss 8 weeks

In other news, Cutler got injured and it resulted in a Miami comeback with the upgrade to Matt Moore.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

We should stop injuring quarterbacks, it never works out well for us.

FJF likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Good signal from God to both of them that it's time to retire (of course Cutler already knew that last year).

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I expected Palmer to retire after this season. No one wants to go out like that though especially via injury. He's had some real shitty luck with injuries between this one and the Kimo Von Oelhoffen hit falling on his knee in the playoffs.

That completely changed the outlook of his career. He wasn't the same until he ended up coming to Arizona and revitalizing his career a bit.

I also don't get why Drew Stanton is counted on as a backup quarterback in this league. They couldn't find anyone better? The dude is garbage.

Reminds me of Charlie Whitehurst carving out a niche as a shitty backup quarterback for a decade. He must've been a hell of a nice guy to have around the locker room.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Stanton has 14 touchdowns to 19 interceptions in his career on 53.2 completion %. I feel like they would've been better off grabbing a late round rookie and having some hope of finding a diamond in the ruff.

I was actually surprised when they didn't take a quarterback somewhere in their past three drafts knowing Palmer is coming to the end of his career.