Cap Update $3,877,647 (5/01)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BamaDoc, Mar 13, 2016.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

how about moving revis to FS instead of cutting both him AND gilchrist ? let him end his career on the Woodson note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I forgot about Lawrence, he did look good, presence was felt when he was on the field.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I would suggest the opposite, if I were GM, I would talk with TB and suggest that they run the ball more and solidify the oline to help the young QB, instead of forcing the QB to carry the team by going 5 wide all the time.

But I do see your point.

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I mean I was just saying so the younger guys get their reps. Put them out there. If they get open they will get the ball.

But I do agree with running it. We just can't take the Sanchez approach. The new QB has to win games with his arm. If not, we have the wrong guy.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In general, I agree with you about keeping the weapons, but they may need the cap space if there are quality FAs they want to add to address some of the holes at other positions. In addition, with Decker recovering from both hip and rotator cuff surgery, he may not be the same player he has been, or may not be ready until the regular season, so I think you have to at least consider releasing him, although B Marshall would give us more cap space.

6. NCJetsfan

IMO Revis would not make an effective FS. I know that not all FSs are ballhawks or have blazing speed, but if I can get that in my FS, I'm going to. We also need the cap space from Revis, and I doubt he's willing to take a significant pay cut to play FS. With the way he's been mercenary wanting more money in his career, it would be karma for him to get cut when his skills have evaporated rather then to keep paying him a premium for subpar play.

7. NCJetsfan

In terms of making plans for next year, if Bowles keeps the HC job, which he probably will, do you think either Rogers or Gailey will be gone? Mac or Woody might tell Bowles that a condition for keeping his job is that one or both coordinators have to be fired. If Gailey leaves, do we turn to Patullo and keep the same offense, or do we go with a more traditional downfield passing attack with the QB under center? It seems to me that would help our rushing attack significantly.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Gailey is capable of attacking down field but he needs a QB for that. If it ain't broke then don't fix it. Gailey is a keeper for at least another year IMHO

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We know what Gailey is capable of when the QB is capable of running it.

10. Beki

Beki Active Member

11. Beki

Beki Active Member

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
    Source: NFL teams were informed today the per-team salary cap for 2017 is projected to be $166 million to $170M. Up from $155.27M this year.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And we are still 2M over the new number going into next year.

13. Beki

Beki Active Member

We all know, that we have to make some "must" roster cuts.
    Clady only played some games where he was healthy, +10M cap space
    Revis: I don't want to see him in Jets jersey during next year, maybe if he will take a huge paycut, I mean his salary going to be under 5M, plus 9M cap space.

Other possible cuts: Giacomini, Mangold, Harris
    Question marks: Sheldon, Marshall

So, if Macc wants, he can manoveur during FA, of course, i'd result some holes too, but don't want to see players who are not putting 100% effort into the matches, like Revis and Sheldon.

14. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Hate the thought of getting rid of Sheldon only because he will end up on the Patriots and turn into a perennial All Pro

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If Revis is going to move to safety,Id love to see the move happen the last couple of games this season so we can see if he can play the position. He lacks speed as we know, has never been known as a big hitter or sure tackler. I don't see him playing the position very well.
    Mangold will likely be approached about a pay cut and could simply retire like Brick last off season.
    Mo can't be traded due to the cap hit we would take so Sheldon will likely go for a third round pick, if we're luck it could be a conditional 2nd rounder based on his play.
    Claddy is probably gone, he was an injury risk coming in and 10 million for another risky season is a no trainer.
    Marshall or Decker should be let go as well. Marshall has hinted at retirement and whit Fitztragic gone, Mangold possibly gone,he may well follow suit.