C.McCaffrey is B.Powell

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CR8ZMike, Mar 15, 2017.

1. CR8ZMike

CR8ZMike Member

So after watching dazzling tape of Christian I started thinking to myself.... "Geez he reminds me of something" then it clicked. Powell... They are so deadly familiar.. McCaffrey has had the luxury of being the # 1 weapon for Stanford so it's a bit hard to see it at first. But with the ball in Powell's hands he is the same type of guy. Although Powell has never received the kind of touches that McCaffrey has I still see the over same player.. It's hard for me because I would love to see more Powell no doubt about that but there is always that thought in the back of my head where I think "would he be effective running the ball more or being a featured back..." the answer is complicated... Because, I feel he excels being used in multiple ways (as does McCaffrey) so the issue with me is well... Would McCaffrey be better as a "Pure" RB? Again my answer is "it's complicated" for Stanford he did everything. He was Mr.DoItAll. the reason Powell doesn't return kicks and punts is because of his importance on offense... So... I say... Am I right? Or am I wrong? Obviously you can never have to many of these types of guys but... Unless he falls to a place he surely shouldn't I wouldn't no take him... The only thing I see being of more value to McCaffrey is that he can legit be a slot receiver... Which I don't think Powell can be.... Well on McCaffrey's level anyway... So I suppose the significance of McCaffrey being such a good receiver does it warrant "us" taking him or seeing him as a valued pick in the first (anywhere in the first if we trade down) it's a tricky topic for me because of the body of work vs what I see.. If Powell was on the field or commanded as many touches as McCaffrey has.. I think overall they would be really really similar statiscally.... So. If McCaffrey came here I think the coaching staff because of his high pick and college success would game plan for him which Powell never really got from any single one of our coaching staff's over the years so this makes this topic so much more complicated. Anyone feeling what I'm saying?!?!?!

#1 CR8ZMike, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Catfish Billy likes this.