By definition is Chad Injury Prone or just Injured?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Feb 28, 2006.

1. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

I have met Chad on numerous occasions he is really not the physical statute you would expect from an nfl player.I have pictures of him and i and many joke that i have bigger arms than him.He does need to really bulk up and hit the weight room to take the pounding.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Funny you should mention this because I stood next to him at TC last year when he was signing autographs along the fence and thought the same thing. I think his days of "bulking up" are over for now, though. It's a little too late for that.

When you think of Jay Cutler benching 225 lbs. 27 times in a row and then imagine Chad with his noodle arms trying to do that, it's almost laughable. Pay him $2 million guaranteed and give him some 18-ounce Cannon bath towels to wave, this way he won't strain his arms too much.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I don't mean to bash Pennington, but the cold hard facts are his body doesn't hold up to the pounding that NFL QB's have to take. I think he's incredibly tough, the way he has played in pain, but.... as much as I like him, we need a QB that can play at least 14 games a season at near full strength.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Add me to the chorus of injury prone/fragile, lacking the athleticism that helps players avoid injuries, and lacking pocket presence.

And the summary above is somewhat misleading, since it includes 2002. There is no question that Pennington was great that year, but it will be almost 4 years since then by the start of next season. Since 2002 he has 31 TDs and 24 INTs in 26 games, which isn't that great. The completion percentage is misleading, of course, since his passes were short, but how about the fact that his yards per attempt has gone down every year since 2002? Expecting him to get back to that form again is IMO unwarranted.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Everyone needs to read this post. Good job, statjeff22. It's sad, but expecting Chad to get back to 2002 is unrealistic, IMO.

The NY Jets should move on. New GM, new coach, new coaching staff, new team.

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The term is not one I like because all humans are prone to get injured. However, I would say that some people are more prone to injuries than others.

(Peyton Manning hasn't missed a game yet. Perhaps he's an alien-human hybrid.)

Pennington is fragile and does not have a body that can handle the physical nature of football. He has a bad body to play the sport. This makes him more prone to injury than the average NFL player.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I don't know if he's injured or injury prone but if were going to pay him over a million bucks and he can't throw the ball let him be the "wedge buster" on special teams. At least we will be able to get a definitive answer to this one.