By definition is Chad Injury Prone or just Injured?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

As far as I know his only problem is the right rotator cuff. It is essentially one injury, it has just been hurt twice. If Chad comes back, he won't be a threat for concussions like alot of guys in the league and he has shown toughness and the ability to play through pain in the 2004 playoffs when he played with the bad shoulder. You could make the claim that he has an injury pron right arm, but I would not say he is an injury prone QB, yet I have heard him described that way by some reporters. I don't think there's any doubt that if he can get healthy and get back to where he was pre-injury in 2004, he is still a great Quarterback.

2. Gator

Gator Active Member

Injury prone...................how many times has he played a 16 game season?

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Injury prone.....great, no concussions, so he can "think" about where he wants to throw the ball, but physically, with the noodle arm, he just can't get it there- unless of course we are talking dump off or short yardage passes...

4. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I don't think he's injury prone. He may not be quick enough to out-run them, though. I do think that NOW his shoulder is injury proned and if you mix that with the QB that was Chad before the Cuff stuff then we have maxed our QB's potential.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Injury Prone.............Looking at the 3 injuries. They all were awkward in how they happened. Especially, the wrist injury and the second rotator injury.

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

He will never be back to what he was. His arm is weaker and he looks afraid in the pocket. Chad is back to thinking too much. He has never played for a whole season and never will.

Hell he can't even catch a snap in the shotgun without fumbling it away. To make it worst he played majority in the shotgun in college. He is a scared, weak armed QB made of glass, that over thinks the easiest tasks.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

But he does not have a noodle arm when it is healthy.
    2002 - 275 399 passes for 68.9% completion, 22 TDs and just 6 INTs
    2003 - 189 of 297 for 63.3% completion, 13 TDs and 12 INTs (ok, not so good)
    2004 - 242 of 370 for 65.4% completion, 16TDs and 9 TDs (not bad)

In those 3 years he is 706 of 1066 for 66.2% completion, with 51 TDs and 27 INTs in a total of 38 games. He says he can get back to this form and we need him to.

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

No one got pummeled more than Aikman in his rookie year. He didn't get hurt. Bledsoe gets creamed every year, he doesn't get hurt.

Injury prone

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Just injured. the problem is that botinjuries have been from Awkward falls, and lead one to think he may be injury prone.

The real injury prone guy on the offense is Martin. He hasnt played 2 healthy seasons since he's been here. He just plays through injuries that would suideline most players.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No you are way off base. The wrist injury vs the NYGs in a xhibition game. The 1st rotator cuff injury. The 2nd rotator cuff injury which supposely had nothing to do with the 1st rotator cuff injury

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Injury prone and worse, as others have pointed out above. His pocket presence is abysmal. His footing and balance are downright dangerous to himself and all others around him. His confidence is gone, affecting his decision-making ability in all aspects of the game. Even his check-downs are INTs waiting to happen. He hampers even the running game and endangers any and all RBs and FBs because the DEF sends in the National Guard to stuff the run.

I'm quite serious when I say offering Chad $1 million was a damned generous offer. Were I Tannenbaum, I'd pretty much stick to my guns. I'd want to get the restructure done because of the Cap though, so I might enrich the offer by an extra million or so. But it wouldn't be because I thought he was worth $2-3 million, it'd only be because I wanted to get the deal done.

He's useless to us and probably will be for the rest of his career here.

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree, he is nothing but a cap drain, and pure greedy to think the team owes him anything after already giving him $22 million over the last two seasons.

13. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I say injury prone. A person that doesn't know how to protect themselves when falling is injury prone. All of his injuries have come from going down awkwardly. Even this past year, all those fumbles? When he was trying to escape D pressure, he failed to protect the ball. Protect your body, protect the ball. Chad can do neither.

14. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

All he can do nowadays is complain as to how the paltry sum offered to him is less than a backup QB will make...Injury-prone, cap-draining Nancy whom I no longer have any use for....

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Tits on a bull. Imagine picking up a free-agent Running Back recovering from two recent hip-replacement surgery procedures. The guy can hardly walk. He hobbles into camp and then starts complaining that we're paying him less than what a backup RB makes.

Well.... uh... Hello?

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

he doesnt have the body control of a very athletic person...hes very awkward and has happy feet as everyone has been saying...thus,he puts himself in a position to be injured...in short,the man is injury-prone

17. Russ Reign

Russ Reign New Member

I'd say fragile is a good word... we need to look at how he was injured... It wasn't exactly like he was crushed from the blindside or anything... just a normal everyday tackle as he was scampering...

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

zzzactly. He's not able to take those two steps in the direction needed to buy himself an extra few seconds. Brady is the master at that. It's not something that can be taught either. It's peripheral vision, or presence, or just instinct. Whatever you call it, he ain't got it. Chads specialty is the timing pattern and the play action. His ball faking is good and he's accurate. However, if the guy the play was designed for is covered, or if the play action doesn't fool who it's supposed to fool, Chad is lost. Remember the last play of the Giants/Denver game, when Eli was looking, looking and then fired it at the last second for the TD?..............Chad can NEVER make that play. I'm not even saying Eli is so good, I'm just saying you watch games and see plays that Chad can never make, because he doesn't have the escapability or the arm.

19. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

He's Unlucky. However, he needs to bulk up this offseason. More upper body muscle would help minimize injuries.

20. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I like Pennington..but anyone see that movie "Unbreakable" and Samuel L. Jackson is the character Mr. Glass..That's our Chad in my opinion.