Brutally honestly grading All of Mac's drafts

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 6-10 once again, Jan 2, 2018.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Not a bad list. I think that's a little harsh on Williams. He made a pro bowl already in 3 years so I'd give him a B. I'd give Maye a B+ as he looked solid but not outstanding which would warrant an A. Regarding the rookie WR's Hansen actually looks like the most polished of the bunch. He didn't get much PT but watch him when he's in. Runs crisp routes, has good hands and turns upfield rather quick. Most of Hansen's catches were for 1st downs this year, albeit not a lot. Stewart needs some work on route running and such. He doesn't look like the most fluid guy at wideout. A little raw. Neither looked that good but Hansen looked more pro ready this season. I'd give Hansen a C+ and Stewart a C. I'd give McGuire a B+, nice surprise in late rounds. Overall Mac's drafts have been pretty piss poor with his QB picks being especially horrible.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes this a good job here imo

However , I am absolutely sick of grading him and this total mediocrity of a team

Mac will continue to be Hot Garbage for me in till he damns the torpedos and goes full steam ahead with landing a top 3 QB in the draft...frankly no interest in other positions etc ..sorry

He missed on Mahomes and Watson...but got Hack and Petty. Seriously lacking in ability to evaluate a QB ????? That's absolutely grounds for firing right there

McGown comes aboard and removes some egg on his face ...big meh

This team provide tons of disappointment and empty promises "moving forward" ...the job this man and his cohort Toilet Bowles have done after 3 years has been NOTHING spectacular....next year with little or no win they both hit the road

BIG WINNERS: Mac gained tons of experience as GM here and coming close to putting the Jets together might segue him to a better JOB he eventually finds elsewhere

JetsNation06 likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Sometimes you have to be brutally honest. Like me saying how terrible this thread and grades in it are.

Yeah, that part made me laugh at least.

grkmanga31, thedrjay, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  4. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

It was a nice effort, but the inconsistency in the grading makes it difficult
    to take very seriously.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I am all in for a bit of misery at times, dress in black, have a play with a knife once in a while but man when I join a site of a team I support and love and you sit there and think of what name you would like to be known as forever, some startling play on words, get the team name into it maybe but then there is you 6-10 once again, at first glance it is funny but it really is a crap name for a fan of a team, why disparage the team you support, a bit like that guy unhappyjet I mean WTF are you thinking when you name yourself that ?

I mean I can talk as I fucked up the simple task of putting the apostrophe in between three letters, I mean it is rocket science stuff at the end of the day.

Still as your name suggest misery, doom and gloom, I am thinking that your draft grading was never likely to be anywhere near unbiased and when I got as far as Hansen (F) and given a huge kicking at the same time, he is 9 for 94 and looked like he had a solid pair of hands, just how can you give this kid a grade F ?

Also smashing players and Mac for injuries is hardly the fairest thing is it, Devin Smith wasn't injury prone until he got to us and in his draft report http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/devin-smith?id=2552459 predicted round two not your choice of round 7.

6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

It's all misery for jet fans, we share a stadium with the luckiest team in NFL history, a team who wins Super Bowls when going 9-7 over our hated Rival. They have everything and we have nothing. Even when we are supposed to have a good draft pick they get a better one.

As far as Hansen I just don't think you can justify taking a player in the 4th round who has no real potential, he is what he is, you can find Hansens everywhere. I want some glimmer of potential from a 4th round pick, to me Stewart offers some sort of potential, although I admit my grade for him was much too high.

Devin smith is something everyone should have saw coming, people were blinded by his speed and his big championship game in college. He is the weakest NFL wide receiver I have ever seen play. He makes Robby Anderson look like the hulk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams gets a C? Youre insane, hes being double teamed inside. He still gets pressures. Playing inside is not about sacks, hes eating up space and getting pressures which is what he is supposed to do. His play is directly responsible for the improvement in DDs numbers and play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Elijah McGuire, A+? Ok, good read.

9. 6-10 once again

Glad we could finally agree on something, we aren't so different you and I !

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

McGuire definitely deserves an A+ dude is the next Marshall Faulk. I mean dude was a beast this year, check the #s

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This thread finishes 6-10 in the standings.....

grkmanga31 and RIPJimLeonhard like this.
  12. 6-10 once again

Oooo does that mean my thread gets an extension ?

13. 6-10 once again

But seriously this thread was made by a very drunk man so don't take it too seriously

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Petty or Hackenburg eventually Pans out Mac gets a B+ or better. At present he has earned a gentlemen's C.

15. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Really, REALLY solid know nothing analysis by a fan. Frankly, you should've just kept your opinions to yourself because this is a waste of keyboard time on your part, and I actually read what you wrote and that wasted my time as well.

16. 6-10 once again

Yes it is tough to accept that a forum retard like myself who would have picked Watson last year would be a better GM then your precious Mac. I would have delivered you a franchise QB, yet you are left with bpa guys who never really were actually bpa

17. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

If the big takeaway is that his drafts are improving, that's good. I've never been in that seat, but I would think that the first draft for a rookie GM hired from outside the organization with 3 months on the job has to be tough. Hell, it has to take some time to put together a team of scouts you trust, and at the time of hiring, the college season was already over.

NCJetsfan likes this.