Bruce Arians is only interested in the Browns job

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Leicester Jet, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Former Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians reiterated his interest in the Cleveland Browns coaching position on Sunday, after originally expressing an affinity for that job a few weeks ago. Arians, 66, is in his first season as a game analyst on CBS after a long and distinguished coaching career at the college and pro level.

"I've always wanted that job," Arians said, "and I got passed over for it a couple of times, and it would be the only job I would listen to and come out of retirement for. I really enjoy what I'm doing, but there has always been something about Cleveland and the fans, and when I called the games this year that really came back for me."

Arians said he has no interest in any other job possibilities

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aching-for-one-team-and-its-a-surprising-one/

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wow surprised he was so candid about it.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Everyone wants to turn Sad Sack into the King of England. The problem with the Jets is management, so it's always Prince Prospero in 'The Masque of the Red Death'. I'm sure the Browns will let Arians do his thing without interference if they talk to him and offer him a job. Sounds imminent. I don't trust the Johnson Brothers to keep their hands out of the pie. I would refer to them as the Smothers Brothers, but those guys were funny.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Meh Arians always gets his QBs killed eventually.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Money talks.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't be surprised if more known former HC's would prefer the Browns over the Jets.. Remember when we used to look down our noses at the Browns.....

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well, after a decade of top ten picks, you'd think they'd finally have some young talent in the stable by now ;)

I like Arians' candor. Isn't he a Cleveland guy? He's probabaly got plenty of $, and knows he has a commentator gig wrapped up if he wants, so At this stage of his life, after his health scares, he probably has zero fuks left to give.... and rocks that Kangol Good for him.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He was OC in Cleveland but was born in Jersey and grew up in York, PA. Being he worked with Bowles it could have just been him not wanting to make a comment about a job being held by someone he knows well.

9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I still do.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You might need a taller ladder..

HomeoftheJets likes this.