Browns feeling

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 1968jetsfan, Apr 22, 2018.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm getting a strange Hunch that if the Browns decide they're happy with any one of 3 QB's in the draft that they take Barkley with the #1 pick and take their QB with the #4 pick. They'd be assured of getting one of the Premier QB's in the draft and get what should be an Elite Back....

Call it a hunch, but I'm going on a limb and saying the Browns take Barkely #1.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Not impossible. The Giants then take Darnold, we take Mayfield, the Browns go back up and take Allen and then the feeding frenzy begins for teams trying to trade up for Rosen

3. jetfan2k3

jetfan2k3 Member

Browns will take a qb at 1 and 4

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's the Browns.

Dorsey will take Barkley at #1 and then have a spastic coughing fit at #4 and tap the table repeatedly with his pencil as he tries to recover. The assistant charged with sending the pick name to the draft venue will notice that he's tapping Sony Michel's name over and over again as his face turns red from all the coughing. The Browns will wind up with RB's on the #1 and the #4 and will be late on the #33 as they hunt frantically for Dorsey after he chased the assistant out of the room vowing to get his gun.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Don't count on it.

I was just listening to the radio and they had the Browns color guy/local Cleveland sportsradio guy on and he said "there's no chance" they'd take Barkley even at pick number 4. He said from what he knows about Dorsey, he likes to get running backs late. He said they will take a QB no. 1 and the fourth pick will either be Chubb or a trade.

take that for what its worth, Idk his track record, just sayin

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They won't take anything but a QB at 1, what they do with 4 is a real tossup depending on what the Giants do. If they take Barkley as a lot of people expect they will do then that will leave 2 QBs still on the boad at 4 and they might get back a bonanza if they trade it.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

From the title I thought this was going to about late nite Taco Bell runs after clubbing.
    No chance browns take Barkley at 1. Wouldn’t be a bad move though

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Assuming the Giants go QB with the 2nd pick and presuming they’re going for the pick of the litter, why wouldn’t they draft Mayfield (aside from how funny it would look with Pee-Wee Mayfield as a “Giant”) : )

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

They may I suppose. But he doesnt really fit the Giants mold nor do I think he'd want to sit for two years behind eli. And Eli is a legit every snap guy. BM may not take an NFL snap until 2020

Plus Davis Webb is their backup and they seem to be high on him. Plus the whole Texas Tech thing

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The best thing about the current draft position is that the Jets just have to wait for the Browns to make a mistake. Having the number #1 is too much to think about. There is way more potential to go the wrong way. The fact that the Browns are there is almost a guaranteed fuck up.

They will over think it and end up taking Allen or be pressured into grabbing Barkley with the looming Giants. The Giants will go BPA at 2 regardless, so they aren't a big threat to the Jets.

CotcheryFan likes this.