Browns annonuce they are open to offers for the 1st overall pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 1, 2018.

1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Yea your right it will never happen. I think two factors people forget about. Yes we have free agency but we want to build through the draft....trading away all those picks really impacts building around our new QB. Another important factor is even if mac was willing to trade the house for the number 1 there is probably multiple other teams inquiring and in all likelihood driving the price up to get that first overall pick . We all know what the value may be but if several other teams want "put qb name here" the price just increases.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d have no issue with a trade up to 1. The QBs with zero questions come around once every 10-15 years. That doesn’t mean there weren’t very good QBs coming out of the draft In the other years.

The key is Mac having a conviction and being aggressive to get his guy. I remember the rumors on here of Mac trying to trade up for Goff and it was universally frowned upon. I can guarantee you the Rams haven’t missed one pick they gave up in the deal and would do it again.

phubbadaman likes this.
  3. StrongSide

StrongSide New Member

I think it all rubbish. Anything is possible, but I am not buying it. They cannot keep passing on everyone.