Broncos Wanted to Trade Lelie?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EcKo151, Apr 22, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

49ers | Team rejected trade involving Lelie
    Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:02:42 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers rejected a trade with the Denver Broncos that involved Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. The Broncos were shopping Lelie for a second-round pick. 49ers vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan said, "He does have some talent. He's more of a vertical guy, outside the numbers, and can stretch the field, but we had some issues with other things. (I'm) not saying he wouldn't fit in, but ... what kind of football player are we going to have when it's said and done?" He said the team would be interested if the Broncos' asking price drops dramatically.

2. 1028

1028 Active Member

Hell Id be interested if his asking price dropped. I guess they really are looking hard at Holmes or Jackson thru the draft. Supposedly the RAiders are looking to dump Porter, hes an intruiging option

3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Yes I have read quite a bit about this, he wants out of Denver. From what I've read they're trying to trade him for another disgruntled WR such as Javon Walker or Jerry Porter or for a 2nd rounder. He's not worth either and his price tag is not going to drop very much so he won't be wearing green and white.

4. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I like lelie but not for a 2nd.

For a 4th, hell yes.