Bridgewater Worth Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lobotomies can actually correct hindsight vision to a perfect 20-20.

True medical fact.

JetBlue likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He didn't want a potential QB controversy if Darnold struggled. They went down the same tired ancient worthless mentor backup QB to the franchise QB road they did with Brunell-Sanchez. They coddled Darnold.

A third round pick is a third round pick it's not like he got no value for Bridgewater I can't knock him too much.

I woulda cut McLoser and kept Bridgewater who doesn't need a quality backup QB? I also believe in the iron sharpens iron thing the Jets do things a bit differently.

3. WarriorRB28

Jets are 0-3 with McLoser at QB this season.

Bridgewater could've helped the Jets THIS season.

4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Purchase cheap free agent QB on one year contract

Don't play him

Get third round pick for him

Other team doesn't play him.

free agent in 3 months.

Can we do this every year please?

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

5. Rollo Tomassi

Could have helped them go from the 3rd pick to the 12th pick and see him walk for nothing at the end of the year?

Good plan.

Oh btw, no one knew if Teddy could actually play sustained games.

And I LOVE Teddy.

6. Rollo Tomassi

So not only don't you watch football, you don't read about it either.

I get it, you get up and work early and football doesn't pay your bills blahblahblah.

This is just wrong on every account.

7. WarriorRB28

Since when is picking in the top 10 in the draft year after year after year after year the recipe for success in the NFL?

My goodness if the Jets finish with another top 10 pick in the draft in 2019 that means this GM has made FOUR top 10 picks in his first five drafts as a GM!!

That has to be some kind of world record.

And if you take what the media says as gospel

WE'RE DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY FINALLY!!!!

8. WarriorRB28

Not nearly as much as I used to.

I stopped reading the NY Daily News because I became disgusted with Mehta's reporting. When I read the local articles it's pretty much 100% NY Post these days.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Unlike you, I don't look to the media or Pro Football Talk for my info or to form my opinions.

I see transactions and I form my opinions on what I see and my own logical reasoning.

I love Teddy.

No one knew if he was healthy enough to even play this year, much less 5 or 6 or 10 games.

But I'm sure you know from what you read on PFT or from what you hear from Francessa.

And Teddy is walking at the end of the year so getting a 3rd round pick was a freebie and considering we don't have a 2nd, it was essential draft capital.

Harpua likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

Now you're lying.

Unless you're on the inside or know someone on the inside you rely on the media to some extent.

And I don't take everything the media says as gospel.

Of course there were a lot of unknowns with Bridgewater. This we do know they traded him for a third round pick so obviously the Jets viewed him as a high value player. Also the Jets have $100 million in cap space in 2019 why was it automatic that they had to lose him? The same doubts about Bridgewater's durability you had in 2018 would've still been present in 2019.

They didn't want a QB controversy/they coddled Darnold that's why they were so quick to trade away Bridgewater. That's just me thinking logicaly & using common sense.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Explain how I'm lying?

Do you know Teddy was healthy enough to play a full 16 games? Are you on the inside? Is that why you get up so early for work--you're an orthopedic surgeon? You have access to his medical reports?

Do you know that Teddy was not going to leave at the end of the year? Or maybe he'd leave for nothing--no draft capital.

How do you know they traded Teddy to avoid a QB controversy? With a QB that no one knew could play? Are you on the inside?

You're using emotion and irrationality rather than common sense and logic.

It's kind of your thing.

12. Rollo Tomassi

You understand that Teddy was cut because the Vikes didn't think he was healthy enough to play?

That's not an opinion or inside information.

If he was healthy enough to play they would have kept him.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Teddy got cut because he was fat.

14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's like 200-200 hindsight vision in baseball

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You lying by speaking a truth he does not agree with.

16. WarriorRB28

You said that unlike me you don't look to the media or PFT for your info or to form your opinions.

Unless you're on the inside or know someone who is yes you do look to the media for info no different than me.

They spent the offseason with Bridgewater, they saw him in minicamp, training camp, they watched him in preseason, they got back good value for him. Bridgewater was a high value player at QB which means the potential for a QB controversy would exist if Darnold struggled or got injured.

With $100 million in cap space in 2019 they didn't have to lose Bridgewater look how much they're paying McLoser to go 0-3 in 2018.

They got back good value for Bridgewater my opinion is he could've been worth more than that to the Jets as a player and possible quality future backup QB. They got scared off by a potential QB controversy, didn't want anyone stepping on Darnold's toes first chance they got they moved him that's my opinion.

Iron sharpens iron I would've kept Bridgewater, dropped McLoser even if it meant losing out on that third round pick.

17. Rollo Tomassi

It's not up to the Jets--why would Bridgewater stay here with the chance to start (as opposed to a "possible quality backup") anywhere else for real money? Or maybe you thought they would give him starter money for multiple years with Darnold on the roster?

That $100 million is going to upgrade all the holes all over the roster, not for QB where we just moved up massively to take a QB.

This is just emo conjecture and the worst form of 20-20 hindsight.

Sam won the competition in camp and no one was crying about Teddy after the Lions game.

18. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Could have easily gotten a 2nd for him. Mac settled for a 3rd before the season started and no QBs got hurt yet. He was an asset much more important to us than he is to the Saints right now. They can burn a 3rd and have teddy as brees insurance. Jets didn’t have that luxury. It was a mistake to trade him before the season started.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

Because like you said before who knows about Bridgewater's durability? Who was going to break the bank on him to be their starter in 2019? If they offered him a deal similar to what McLoser got I think he would've taken it.

Bridgewater wouldn't have been a non-threatening mentor backup QB to Darnold. That scared off the Jets I think.

The Jets don't learn from past mistakes which is one reason why they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1969.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, although the thinking was that Macc didn't want to have to pay him the bonus if he made the team, and he didn't want any QB controversy. I think it would've been worth holding onto TB even if it cost them some money because I think he would've brought a #2 at least back from a team with a downed QB. That said, the controversy potential is valid, Not saying it would've happened, but it sure could've, that's drama the Jets don't need more of.