Bridgewater traded to the Saints

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 29, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol that's a really stupid comment to make. you want to try again?

lol you literally just called me wrong while repeating everything i said. so clearly you agree with me. show me once where i ever said teddy isn't a starting caliber QB. go ahead. i challenge you to

BS. they are a QB away from winning a SB. keenum limitied them they had teddy but stuck with keenum. remember teddy did play in garbage time last season for Minn where he threw 2 passes 1 that was picked off. he also practiced with them as well last year. they knew what they had in teddy and wanted an upgrade. Doens't mean teddy sucks. hell he's a lot better then most of the jest QBs over the past 30 years but he isn't some sort of game changer top QB in the NFL by any means

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

You need to take your Teddy hate glasses off.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I didn’t say you believed it, I am addressing the argument you made that NFL GM’s don’t believe he is. Not trading for him doesn’t mean they don’t think he’s an NFL starter, it means they think either their starter is better (Rodgers would be an obvious example) or that their starter isn’t considerably worse ti be worth what it would cost to obtain him. You can’t come to the conclusion you argued simply because a team didn’t trade for him.

4. Rollo Tomassi

You can have that OPINION but you can’t say any of that shit to a certitude.

Especially if you hate Teddy.

5. Rollo Tomassi

Missed this nugget of truth.

Well said.

6. GasedAndConfused

lol 3rd times the charm for a decent comeback ro you going to make a terrible statement again that makes no sense?

I never said NFL GMs didn't believe he was a starter either. teddy is a starting QB in the NFL and he will likely be one in 2019 so not sure where you got that from as I always said the opposite of what you are claiming I said. What i said was his value. he's a starter sure but he isn't a top tier starter, he isn't an elite QB, and he isn't getting no 30 mil a year like rodgers or cousins got. My conclusion was that he wasn't worth the perceived value fans had in mind of a 1st rounder or khalil mack in exchange for teddy type deal. Value is supply and demand. as it stands no team is looking for a starting QB only a backup. Teddy is probably the 2nd best backup in the NFL right now behind foles. He'll get a chance to start but as it stands now no team is giving up a 1st rounder or even a 2nd for a QB that isn't going to start for them this season and is on a 1 year deal. Sometimes value at the time doesn't match talent and value fluctuates all the time. Randy moss was a top 10 all time WR in the NFL and was traded for a 4th rounder because he was a headache. talentwise he was worth more then a 4th but his value wasn't. Same for holmes. we got him for a 5th rounder and he was a superbowl MVP. he was worth more then that but headache plus cap room made his value lower. NFL GMs are smart and know when they have the upper hand in negotiations and will use it. Jets overpaid to move up 3 spots because the colts knew we needed a QB and were desperate. If the jets didn't need a QB and weren't desperate that 3rd pick would have been traded for way less if the colts wanted to move out of it for more picks. supply and demand NFL economics 101

7. JetBlue

That’s not true. This is your exact words:

Clearly “nobody in the NFL” would include GM’s and thus you are clearly saying no GM perceives him as a starter. Maybe you misspoke, or maybe you forgot you said it, but clearly you said it.

Ralebird and GQMartin like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Definitive.

9. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Did it bother you that we had to throw in a 6th round pick? That’s what kind of bothered me.

10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This is as far as I've managed to read but there it is. While on the surface its an absolute stab to have basically gotten a 3rd round pick for 500K (the amount they've already paid Teddy) I still wish he would have stayed around. So help me there better not come a day when John Wolford (or whatever fungible backup) is taking the field because of circumstances unforeseen at this moment.

My total assumption is that the Jets must have felt out Teddy's camp and gotten the feedback that he did not want to stay here long term. If that's the case then I get moving him now for a good return. I just would have loved to keep him around long term as that would have given the Jets a fantastic situation at the most important position on the field for years to come. I also wonder if they think McCown can go another year as a backup.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Your first line confirms my point. Injuries are the only guarantee in the NFL. I just think it funny your positive Darnold is going to get a serious injury yet Teddy would not have .
    If you actually watched the preseason game vs the Giants, you should have seen the O Line was actually pretty good in pass protection. Beachum was out but the rest of the starters played well. Pressure came from the outside, TEs and RBs missed assignments. Tomlinson was run over on one play.
    I'm not concerned with the Lions pass rush, they have one player in Ansah ,a new coach with a new scheme and new approach . They will need time to develop. I'm more concerned with the stretch of the Browns, Jags, Broncos and then the Vikings after the Colt's.
    The line will only have played 2 games together before that stretch.

12. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The pass protection against the the Giants D was horrible. Maybe because the Darnold had the sense to scramble around like Fran Tarkenton, it may have been perceived that the OL was 'pass protecting' , but it just was not the case. He was scrambling for his life.

Regarding the Lions game , yes from a football fan's perspective on the scouting reports, there should not be any worries when facing the Lions pass rush.

But imagine this: If this is the case then, but the OL stinks it up and Sam gets chased around and sacked a 2-3-4 times .....there will be an urgency here - just imagine what the Jags, Broncos, Browns and VIkings will do. Garret's mouth will be watering.

13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Yes I would have liked to see us keep that #6 pick, but obviously there weren't any teams that offered a better deal than the one we got. Teddy was not a hot commodity and maybe never would have been if we held out, so I thought Mac did a good job. There is a big difference between a #6 & #3 pick. Good job Mac.

14. GasedAndConfused

dude seriously? you can't stop mid sentence. don't be "that guy" who cherry picks stuff to be a dick. what don't you understand about the words RIGHT NOW directly after that. RIGHT NOW NFL GMs don't see him as a starter becuase they all have their starters. Right now the browns don't see mayfield as a starter, right now the cards don't see rosen as a starter. When brady was drafted he wasn't seen as a starter. It doens't mean that can't change in a week, 3 weeks, a year etc or that they aren't good enough to be starters. it just means that all the teams have locked in their starters for now. injuries and poor performances can change that at any time but clearly the jets wanted to offload him now for a few reasons. this big ones are 1) saves a roster spot. going into the season with 2 QBs (assuming wolford is cut) means we can keep an extra DB or WR or RB or TE. jets have some hard decisions to make regarding cuts and opening up an extra roster spot helps us keep a player who will do more then ride the bench like teddy would have. 2) saves us 5 mil on the cap and that 5mil can be used towards some o-line or pass rusher to improve the team.

So no I didn't misspeak, you just decided to stop reading mid sentence and take half a sentence out of context for some odd reason (maybe your bored and trolling) so next time, read a full sentence before replying

only if your unable to read a full sentence

15. JetBlue

No, I read and comprehended your full sentence. RIGHT NOW is what we are discussing, not next year or anytime after.

Saying they may feel differently later doesn’t change that you did, in fact, assert they do not feel like he is RIGHT NOW which is the discussion, not any speculative change of opinion later. You can’t backtrack off of that.

16. GasedAndConfused

i'm not back tracking. right now no GM sees him as their starter. every team is locked in with their starter. you think the saints traded for teddy to start him over brees or something? LMAO if any GM seen teddy as their starter they would have made the trade and he'd be starting week 1 but he isn't. he was traded to a team to be a back-up. no GM was out there trying to acquire teddy to start for them next week

17. JetBlue

That is not what you said. You stated, and I quote you again: Clearly nobody in the NFL sees teddy as a starter right now and that wasn't changing before the trade deadline.

“A starter,” which is a broad assertion of what they think of him as a QB, regardless of what team he is on, not “their starter” which is a clearl backtrack and means what they think about him on their team. Plus, the two concepts aren’t in opposition to one another. The Packers could view him as a starter in the league and not view him as their starter since they have Rodgers.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

so basically you assume you knew exactly what i mean when i said that (which clearly you didn't despite me explaining it several times) and are using that to literally throw up a stink. get a life man. clearly nobody else took issue with the comment of the dozens of active users here ebcuase they were able to read and understand. maybe you should learn how to do that. Go look through my history and see how much i've praised teddy. I've never once said he isn't good enough to be a starter. I said that right now no GM views him as their starting QB. there is a difference to anyone who has more then 3 brain cells. and sadly your 3 brain cells can't even get along to form a thought. they are too busy fighting with each other.

19. JetBlue

No, I didn’t assume what you meant. I addressed what you wrote could only mean.

So, again, did you misspeak or simply don’t understand how to express specific ideas? But neither of which have anything to do with me or my ability to understand what you wrote actually means.

20. GasedAndConfused

i've explained it literally 4 times. learn to read dude. at this point you are trolling. you can't ignore 4 explanations and keep referring to half a sentence out of context and misunderstood by someone who clearly can't read. I'm done with you until you learn how to read.