Bridge QB: Teddy or McCown?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 13, 2018.

?

Who would you rather sign?

1. Teddy Bridgewater

60.0%
  2. Josh McCown

40.0%
  1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

FUCK YES!!!

2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

LOL

3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

At this point, they would be best with going with a guy that has a high ceiling. McCown is a great guy, tutor, leader etc etc, but what are the chances he even duplicates the BEST year of his career at 39-40?

Option A- Bridgewater has the highest ceiling, but the biggest question mark when it comes to his knee injury. It's not like he only tore his ACL, he dislocated his knee cap, and also have structural damage to the knee. He didn't have arterial damage or nerve damage, so he could make a comeback, but who knows.

Option B- McCarron - You have no idea how good he really is, he wasn't good enough to beat out a pedestrian Dalton. That said, the Bengals are notoriously cheap, so they might not have wanted to eat Dalton's 16 million dollar cap hit. Who knows. His little run a couple years ago showed what he was in college, a game manager.

I personally think they have to go with one of the 2 above and HOPE to draft a guy at #6. There is NO guarantee at this point they will get a QB at 6, the Bills/Dolphins/Cards are all looking to move up, and the Jets could be on the outside looking in. Some places are saying they will get McCown & Bridgewater, I highly doubt either one of these guys would go for that.

If they jump on McCown, and can't get the guy they want at #6, they're starting over again in 2019. If they miss out on a guy at #6 and they have Bridgewater/McCarron, there might be enough upside to have a ray of hope.

Worse case scenario- They miss out on both guys, are forced to bring back McCown AND miss out on a guy at #6. That could be a SUPER ugly scenario. Be prepared to see more clips of Hack working on his throwing mechanics for the next 12 months.

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  4. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I don't think any free agent deal can be "finalized" till tomorrow at 4. They can come to terms and agreed upon. So essentially I think anyone can pull a Josh McDaniels till 4 pm Wednesday.

5. rockyusmc2003

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

But of course. Here we go with Geno part 2. Some qb's you can never win with. Dumb limited passers like Bridgewater are non starters

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Yawn. I'd still like to sign McCown.

8. forevercursed

If you've ever watched him play you'll see how limited and how vanilla they had to keep it for a numbskull like Bridgewater.

amuck57 likes this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

If either is there I hope they take him whatever Tedy's condition is. Maybe trade down if you can rob somebody and grab Jackson if you absolutely love him. Gotta nab another QB

nicg4360 likes this.
  10. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Bring back McCown. Not a fan of Bridgewater. Geno part 2 is pretty spot on. Especially if he has limited mobility. Please draft Mayfield at 6.

McCown/Bridgewater/Mayfield....See who wins out.

11. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Outside of McCown our QBs were such a shitshow last year I don't know why this would not be a consideration.

12. rockyusmc2003

Has anyone here seen Bridgewater play?

He's a much better passer than Geno was, and a big dink and dunk guy. While Geno was tripping over his own feet, he would try and sling the ball with his eyes closed. Bridgewater is coming off a serious injury, but the guy took much better care of the ball than Geno EVER did.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. forevercursed

Bridgewater can do nothing else but dink and dunk. He has no arm strength. He cant gun it into any tight windows

14. rockyusmc2003

This I will agree with.

Hopefully they sign Jensen, or add a TE that can block. Bridgewater did have happy feet as a rookie, but he looked better year 2.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

“Numbskull”

Some people just have an aversion to black QB’s. It’s fine.

16. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Before the injury he showed flashes of potentially being a franchise QB. However, the Jets should absolutely be targeting a QB with the 6th pick, and should still even consider trading up with Buffalo waiting to pounce to move up.

NCJetsfan and grkmanga31 like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have an aversion to bad QBs. Skin color has nothing to do with it.

18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

It’s fine if you think he’s bad. I have no problem with that (although I disagree).

The guy who called one of the league’s most highly regarded minds a “numbskull” is what I have a problem with.

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah. He's not a numbskull that's ridiculous. 20 on the Wunderlic isn't even that bad.

I really need to see them go for somebody at 6 if ones there tho

If not go for Jackson a little later on a trade down. If that bothers people all the better