BREAKING: Macc and Bowles have been extended

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Dec 29, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

2 years ago they opted for a win now splash, they never did a full rebuild. now they finally are

2. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Now that the season is over, I understand why the Jets ownership decided to give Bowles and Mac an extension. There is something to be said for scheme continuity. Or at least understanding that changing the front office every 2-3 years is what bad teams do.

But the Jets need to hire a hard-ass head of Football ops who can manage Bowles and ensure he and the rest of the coaching staff are held accountable.

Todays game, watching the Pats offense ahead by 20 and with nothing to play for continue to attack downfield, while Bowles is kicking field goals in the red zone down multiple scores.... It shows clear as day that the Pats are driven to succeed and the Jets are as soft as Bowles' big fat f'king belly. No wonder so many players on the team are ecstatic he's coming back.

How can you evaluate the talent you have on roster or the job the GM is doing if the coach is so soft? I think this coaching staff leaves alot of talent on the table. Williams, Lee, Hack, now Adams... All of these guys look like they have potential, but none have actually realized it. Only one Pro Bowl in 3 years, and as an alternate. The closest any of the new players came to outperforming their draft status is Anderson a walk on and is still just mediocre.

If there were a few stars, I'd say it was GM talent evaluation. But noone seems to have emerged. Coupled with underperforming late in games, no game time adjustments, too many penalties, bad clock management, alignment/too many men issues tells me its Bowles. All the draft picks and cap space in the world wont fix this.

I think we Jet fans are going to be very dissappointed in the next two years. Dont think I want to watch the train wreck.

3. I hope all you Bowles apologists who chased away folks on here for simply not buying into a clueless regime & aimless rebuild wil be prepared to eat crow & perhaps even walk away in your own right when your all made to look like idiots when we’re having these exact same conversations this time next season.

Stability for stability’s sake 3 years into a hapless regime is just polishing a turd.You guys throw away entire seasons for the sake of stability like their government bread loaves during the Great Depression.At What point is Enough Enough??

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The problem is that this GM has spent 2 draft picks on QBs that probably aren’t even back up material in the NFL.
    How are we supposed to believe that he can recognize a franchise QB if one is even available when we pick.

ColoradoContrails and tbruner12 like this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Could not have said it any better

6. Jetsfan125

Jetsfan125 Active Member

We have shitty qb scouts. That's what it comes down to.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well we are stuck with stupid for another year. Continuing this madness is a huge waste. Bowles should have been fired today instead they reward a loser. I can't help what they saw in him when they hired him in the first place.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

TGG post of the day right there.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, great. The New York Jets went 5-11. What does that do for them going forward?

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

While I'm not about to give Mac a pass for some of his early shortcomings, what I saw today is once again a reflection of a less than adequate coaching staff. This team does have holes no doubt, but its not devote of talent. Talent that is so under utilized is not even funny. Going into 2018 with Bowles will be most interesting, and in all probabilities a re do of 2017. Conservative, no chances, no adjustments....just straight up the proverbial old fashion play not to loose pipeline. We had nothing to loose today...NOTHING, yet we didn't take one freaking chance. I remain completely suspicious that this shit has any chance of getting better in 2018 with Bowles at the helm.

KurtTheJetsFan and NYCriminal like this.
  11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Del Rio 25-23 with 1 playoff berth gets fired Bowles 20-28 gets extension. Oh the joys of being a Jets fan.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We're consistent?? Back to back 5-11 seasons with a good chance for the trifecta in 2018.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, actually you do. When the Broncos fired McDaniels after two years and then won a SB two years later. The Chiefs fired Todd Haley, and then Mario Crennel, after a year, but became contenders with Reid. Just tow recent examples. Sticking with a shitty plan just for the sake of "stability" only guarantees shitty stability.

14. Ralebird

Yeah, I think if you look back a day or two you'll find I made almost the exact same post, but rather than consistency I focused on the "stability" that so many here see as an asset.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. legler82

Bowles and Mac seem to have the first part of "sustainable success" down. Now let's work on the second part.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. legler82

Jack Del Rio almost holding back tears said of his firing "it's a results business". Bowles watching was like...

[​IMG]

NYCriminal, NYJetsO12 and 94Abraham like this.
  17. Ralebird

One would think that everyone who owned one of these businesses would know it's results that count. Oh, well.

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

When you have a shot at a guy like Reid sure. But believe what you will. The best teams year in and year out maintain stability and don't change horses every 3-4 years, which the cheifs did for a decade and were pretty mediocre, never settling on a direction.
    But the chiefs never did what the Jets did this past season, blow up the team to build from the ground up. Once they decided to blow up the team the year to release the coaching staff was before the blowup. Once you start riding the horse of blowing up the team the course is set.

19. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

And teams that don't recognize that they have a poor or mediocre coach end up like the Bengals employing Marvin Lewis for fifteen seasons and never winning a single playoff game. We are in the early stages of that same path.

20. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

My point is actually that if you cannot get buy-in and play hard then its an auto-sacking. Same as if a coach falls out with a HOF QB, touches someone in a less then appropiate manner, calls out the owner, makes racist comments etc etc.

So congrats to the Jets in that they avoided having to be FORCED to sack their coach and to TB for doing the bare minimum needed to not force the owners hand.

Now lets look at if he's actually a coach with the potential to win us a SB/get us to the post season/win us close games with smart decisions, adjustments and the ability to coach above the talent level of his players....................