Bowles Ranked Second to only Hue Jackson as Worst Coach in NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jun 27, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He didn't develop Wentz and he was an awful coordinator for the Chargers.

He has a good background, but idk if he's going to be legit. I wouldn't trade Bowles for him. I really like the Bears hire with Nagy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He had one bad year in SD but he wasn't an awful coordinator. Being a good coordinator isn't everything anyway, Toilet Bowles was a great coordinator, he sucks as HC. Reich will be a good NFL coach, I'm tellin ya just watch. I hate the Colts, so damn lucky

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Yes, Gruden won a Super Bowl. But that was 15 years ago and he hasn't coached since 2008. As for Lewis, he had very talented rosters from 2011-2015 and couldn't win 1 playoff game.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It doesn't matter if it was 15 years ago. What has Bowles done to be ranked ahead of him??

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Ranking the bottom half of the league's head coaches, "Gruden to Gruden"

32. Jon Gruden
    31. Hue Jackson
    30. Dick Koetter
    29. Adam Gase
    28. Doug Marrone
    27. Pat Shurmer
    26. Marvin Lewis
    25. Jason Garrett
    24. Matt Patricia
    23. Matt Nagy
    22. Steve Wilks
    21. Todd Bowles
    20. Mike Vrabel
    19. Frank Reich
    18. Sean McDermott
    17. Vance Joseph
    16. Jay Gruden

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Not been Jon Gruden. I'd rather have you for head coach.

7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Lots of interchangeable names here IMO. The new coach is always the hot commodity, until he's not. It's just the same narrative's every year.

The Jets have been among the least talented teams in football the last couple years. And they probably will be again this year. Jets were predicted to be winless, and a virtual lock for a top two pick this past season. They finished with 5 wins, and were much better than expected (as pathetic as that is for a 5 win team). Maybe Coach Bowles had something to do with it?

I tend to think coaching is a bit overrated, and that ultimately, talent wins out.

8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

That was ESPN, who are clueless. Any team not named Cleveland would walk into 2-3 wins a year just from mistakes by other teams. For me it's not the record alone, it's not being unprepared on D, too conservative on offense. Those areas alone put him around 25. To me what makes him bottom of the barrel is his inability to adjust in-game, after half-time and repeating the same mistakes over and over and over. You zap a monkey enough when they reach for a banana eventually they'll pick up an orange. Toilet wouldn't know there was an orange near the banana or what to do with it.

stinkyB and Peebag like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

Rivers played pretty poorly under Frank Reich. Most interceptions in a 3 year span, and a crappy running game. I would hate to see that with the Jets. If you can't produce with one of the better QBs of our generation, I think that speaks volumes.

You could very well be right, but I am not worried about the Colts ... Jags and Texans might have their # in the coming years.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That Cheats turd Mike Vrabel is HC now? Hope he fails miserably. Patricia as well. "... And how we think they'll fare in the future." All I thought of was The Amazing Criswell - "I predict!" Not shooting the messenger/OP at all, but what a crap article. Most of us could've written that with our foot.

http://www.criswellpredicts.com/criswell-predicted.htm

Criswell was an old avatar. I'm getting bored. I'm bringing it back.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In 11 seasons as a head coach Jon Gruden won 5 division championships and a superbowl. But Todd Bowles isn't Jon Gruden so obviously Bowles > Gruden.

Can we get real?

playtowinthegame and stinkyB like this.
  13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I really wish people would stop saying that the Jets were predicted to go winless last year - that is just not true in any serious sense (ESPN obviously said it to get a reaction from the big New York market). The Vegas over/under before the season started, which is a much better indicator of perceived quality, was 4 1/2, and the team won 5 games. They did pretty much exactly what was expected, and since the expectation was that they would be playing a rookie QB for most of the season, the amount of credit you give to the coaching staff is based on how much credit you give them for McCown's career year.

14. 101GangGreen101

I mean I guess Hack = rookie; cause not many thought we would actually draft a QB. Cept for the Mahomes lovers, a few Watson people here.

FJF likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

We all know Bowles sucks

Except for the apologist snowflakes

“He has the team ready”- only argument they have .... ready to lose

Lmfao

Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and Peebag like this.
  16. statjeff22

Yes, neither Petty nor Hack were actually rookies, but they were so inexperienced that I mistakenly put it that way. In any event, the low expectations for the team certainly had something to do with the view that one or both of them would be the QB for most of the games.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that or maybe certain Jets employees who would benefit from lower expectations worked to influence the media expectations behind the scenes a little

if you know you are only gonna win 4 or 5 games, it would behoove you to have people thinking you aren't going to win any. Then 4 or 5 wins looks better than it should. Rex Ryan didn't learn this little trick. Rex Ryan was fired. Bowles & Maccagnan took over from Rex and saw that first hand, just sayin'

18. 101GangGreen101

Agreed, I never thought in a million years they would win only 1 game, but a lot of fans weren't feeling too good about last season. Coaching staff had the team prepped for the majority of the season, the team really needs more talent on both sides of the ball.

FJF and Peebag like this.
  19. statjeff22

For sure, but I always thought they would win 3 or 4 games, so I just find it irritating when people are using ESPN's ridiculous prediction to somehow imply that the coaching staff was responsible for 5 more wins than were expected. It's at most 1 or 2 wins, and that's completely because McCown played far better than anyone thought he would. How much of that was him, how much of that was the coaching staff, and how much of that was luck is open to question, but everything else pretty much balanced out to exactly what would have been expected, so to me the staff doesn't get any particularly credit for it reflecting outperforming expectations.

20. 101GangGreen101

McCown when the lights were the brightest did a lot of choking last year. I gotta give credit to the CS for putting the majority of the players in the right situation to succeed. McCown included.

We will have a much better idea on how good this CS is this year. I think the Jets could become a wildcard team if Teddy is healthy or Darnold is ready. IMO, they are not as far away as many indicated