Bowles punted down 23-0...twice...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Dec 10, 2017.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

5-11 stareing Turd right in the face....bye

boozer32 likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

Had to take an injury 14 weeks into the season to use a younger QB, great work Bowels

dogg, ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe this week they'll allow Petty to practice with the starters.. Maybe the CS won't quit in the 2nd half and maybe the team won't quit after the CS does.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

just IMO but I think a large part of it was that they wanted the Anti-Rex - someone that was not loud or a big personality - that could get rid of the 'circus' name that was associated with the Jets towards the end of Rex's tenure - so they went with someone that was soft spoken and safe - clearly it hasn't worked out but, hey, its the Jets - nothing ever works out for this team.

KurtTheJetsFan and boozer32 like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

Moron quit at the half not stopping the clock

Longsuffering88 and boozer32 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and I think the team picked up on that and just went through the motions the rest of the game. It was over before halftime.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Just like in Oakland earlier

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I was at this shit show today. A damn embarrassment. I didn't even realize McCown came back in for the isn't, thought what the hell is Petty doing, then figured it out. Bunch or damn quitters. Not even one single moment to cheer. Good news is broncos should win next week. Then will be ahead of Jets for a qb.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was embarrassing. That should never happen. That was like a middle finger to the integrity of competition. Gutless is an understatement

Centiment and matt robinson 17 like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

When @RobA is making threads like this, you know it's bad. Bowles has to go.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Came in to say the same haha.

Do I think Petty is the answer? No, probably not. Do I think he's gotten a fair look? Nope.

When you don't let the kid throw down 23-0.....

12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The JET Clown thinks we can go 6-10. Not too shabby eh?!

13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It is totally unbelievable how UNPREPARED Bowles has his team for road games. They literally don't show up and struggling teams like Tampa Bay and Denver, who stink all year, kick Bowles' ass. The only teams Bowles' jets can beat on the road are doormats Browns and 49ers, and it usually takes Bowles overtime just to salvage that. The jets will likely lose out this year and end up at 5-11. NEWS FLASH-- The jets have officially wasted a chance in 2017 (yes, an entire year) to develop a young QB or young RB, instead going with greybeards McNown and Forte. Next step (after 3 more losses)-- Johnson will praise Bowles this offseason and give him a three-year extention. After another 5-11 record next year with McNown under center, Johnson will fire Bowles and have to eat/pay off the 3 year extension. Dumb dips. This team, from the idiot owner(s), to the clueless GM who does understand the concept of drafting an OL, to the grinning moron coach who is in his third year but understands squat about clock management or preparing for a road game, will continue to occupy the basement of the AFC east for many years..

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This single move made me change my mind on how i feel about our hc.. there is no excuse for that decision.. watching all these hcs around the league call great games and we continuously have hcs with no fukin balls.. I'm so sick of bitch ass coaches.

Brook!, dogg, FJF and 3 others like this.
  15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I taped the game but didn't watch it yet because I was so busy today. I did hear on the radio it was 13-0 but I I wasn't giving up the ship, because ya know, Jets fan, idiot . . . I later figured that Bowles pulled a classic Herm game plan: Run, run, pass, punt. So much for 9-7. I hate the Jets.

Doreblade likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I pity your poor soul. So, should I watch the game? Decisions, decisions. I used to wonder how people could do something so horribly self-harming like cutting; but, I realized a couple of years ago that I've been cutting myself without a physical razor by being a fan of this team for most of my life.

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't watch it. Complete waste of about 3 hours.

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

When you coach scared
    you deserve to be fired. Bowles coaches conservatively most of the time and today he again opted to not use time outs or go for it on 4th down. Are we supposed to bring back a coach who has no idea what’s going on in regards to the clock or how to manage certain situations?

Inconsistency is never going to win you anything and the jets are just that, inconsistent. Call it being a young team or whatever you want, the jets aren’t well coached.

Also another interesting nugget that came out post game... Jamal Adams said that the jets didn’t have a complete week of practice as Bowles said they had a good week of practice. 2 opposite messages, wonder which one is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fggrimes likes this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, today's game reaffirmed why we continue to be in the road to nowhere. And don't give me the GM escuse as part of the problem, nor the lack of player talent. What we lack is the total and absolute ability to game plan opponents correctly and prepare accordingly. Let's be honest. From top to bottom this team did not show up to play. We were totally and completely outcoached.
    The defensive schemes were simply a joke. There was no effort by most players. The HC forfeited the game with 40 seconds to go in the half. He sent the message that he rather have McCown with a broken hand and zero yardage than to give Petty a chance. And when he did it was not much of a chance.
    To those that continue to believe that this CS knows what they are doing please Stop..... the team fielded today was neither coached nor staffed to give us the best chance to win.
    And a new QB will not solve that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The consensus before the season was we were going 3-13 because we had no talent. So this board is either really bad at judging talent, or the coaches are doing something right.