Bowles calls out the offensive line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by David-The-Meats-Harris, Nov 4, 2018.

1. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Righto, good catch. I guess a coin flip is a coin flip. In all fairness all 3 duds did give reason to believe they'd turn out otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, the fat ones are ok

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly, IMO that ruined him and it was because they spent big $ on D and cheaped out on offense.

Sanchez actually improved in 2010 and had a decent early 2011, but everything went to shit after the constant poundings and he regressed and transformed before our eyes into Mr Happy feet Sanchez, and he never recovered.

Maybe it was inevitable because he wasn't that good to begin with, but if I see Darnold take even half the amount of hits Sanchez took those years I'm going to be sick. Building a strong line should be top priority. Nobody wants a repeat of that shit show

#83 Sam Hammer, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  4. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

You're right. It was once on the second play of the game. I ran through it on game pass and you're not shittin. It was once.

Honestly when ya watch it back without the emotion involved, I thought there were a lot of good things. McGuire could be something. Darnold threw a lot of good passes short. Absolutely a shit fire 20+
    He also needs to know he doesn't have the velocity to squeeze it between a half dozen defenders.
    The running game had some plays for sure. I'd like to know what makes them think robbie Anderson has the quickness or tackle breaking ability for an end around. The experiment is over. Burn that page. He's fast, just too lanky to really cut and burn, add in the fact he's gifted with a punter's physique, no. Hell no.

A lot of it was just Miami was able to get pressure whenever they needed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#84 David-The-Meats-Harris, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Faneca has lost well over 100 lbs. and runs marathons now. Not fat anymore, has kept the weight off, looks like a scarecrow. He's been disqualified for looking fat to anyone, although he was fat at the time.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You know, it's almost as if people need those extra pounds when playing up front. :cool:

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bowles can call out whoever he wants but when you leave in a center who can't snap the ball to save his life, you should be calling out yourself as a coach.

Red Menace, ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  8. jetophile

Todd Bowles is a drowning man without a life-preserver now. It's sad to me, because I like the man, but it's become painfully apparent that he's a goner. The opener vs. Detroit and the Denver game, credit where it's due, good coaching. The rest is just repetitive failure in the same areas. You can twitch on the other side of the ball and someone jumps pre-snap no encroachment because teams are getting good at goading the Jets into stupidity. I 100% have Darnold's back (even though he had a shit of all shits game), but how do you even begin to fix this now? Can't be done. I did NOT want Darnold to start. I've said it all over the board since draft day. You just know Darnold sucks is coming. He doesn't. Everything around him does and sometimes good actors can't rise above bad material. Ever see that crap movie 'Foot Loose' with Kevin Bacon? Horrible movie, this is what I mean. Then again, Kevin Bacon was in 'Friday the 13th', so he gets a mild pass.

Sam Hammer and grkmanga31 like this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think I am one of the more patient fans on this team but damn he really has me steamed on that move. I just don’t understand his thinking there.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Along with calling out the defense that gave up 6 points

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The problem is Bowles is not in-tune with what's going on on the field. He may stand on the sideline, but his thinking is not aligned with what's so blatantly obvious. He usually never challenges when he should, he has no idea when to call time outs, he has no idea when to sit players even if they're more experienced.

He's all around not a great coach. Some coaches are better at focusing on one side of the ball and he is that to a T.

We need an all around coach, who is aware of in game adjustments, who knows when to call a timeout, when to go for it on 4th down, and knows when its time to sit a player. Bowles just doesn't have it and I've thought so since the end of his second season

12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Let me quote Coach Bowles from the post game when asked “Why did you leave Long in the game?”

I HAVE TO LOOK AT THE FILM

No more need be said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grkmanga31 likes this.
  13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

And every time he's carb-loading for a marathon he thinks forlornly about how, when he was an O-linemen, he could eat like this every day.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Really hope the D doesn't go to shit when Bowles gets fired ...

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

How can he get on the defense… they played excellent against Miami... JETS DEFENSE LEADS THE NFL IN 3RD DOWN EFFICIANCY, so they are getting off the field the offense just isn't taking advantage of this.

16. jetophile

Did he really say that? Holy.

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Lets hope the Jets don't keep ignoring the offense so Adams and Williams won't want to leave come contract renewal time....