Bowles calls out the offensive line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by David-The-Meats-Harris, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Keep in mind your responding to the troll who started the Williams looks fat thread. This dude would not know his ass from a hole in the ground if one of them didn't smell like shit.

Sam Hammer, FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

The simple (vanilla) game plan is mostly due to Sam's inexperience. I expect that by next year the complexity of what Darnold can handle will be greatly increased. Hopefully there will be more talent on the team next year will all the cap space, and high draft picks.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Man, did he ever go off on him. I was gonna mention the Bart Scott diatribe on SNY after the game, I'm glad someone else brought it up. It was pretty good. He's getting better at broadcasting. Ray Ray pretty much just shook his head over the Jets implosion with the limited neck rotation the poor bastard has.

4. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Lol yeah bart definitely makes it interesting

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We knew coming into this season there was going to be a game like yesterday at some point. Rookie 21 years old QB. It's no surprise.

Rookie growing pains.

Time will tell if that's all yesterday was.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree - I didn't read it as throwing the D under a bus at all - just trying to spread some of the blame away from the O and to the team as a whole, it was pretty obvious to everyone where the issues are

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

No, not really because our QB is a rookie with injured and banged up weapons plus no oline, while theirs has multiple years under his belt including being mentored by Peyton Manning with a better offensive line and much more experience. It's night and day.

Yeah, most defenses in the NFL do better against rookies. Brock has lots of starts under his belt, Sam is playing in his first season still learning his first NFL system.

Holding an opposing team to just 2 FGS (one off turnovers) without their best corner is special. Literally all we needed from the offense was to not give up a pick 6 and it's an overtime game. No delay of game on that FG attempt, and we're talking victory.

Sorry but your comparisons are invalid. Miami ain't great, but they are better than the Jets right now. All the Jets needed was a slight semblance of offense and they didn't even have that. I'm pretty sure they didn't convert a single 3rd down until the 2nd half.

It's 100% on the offense and not on the D even remotely. They did their job, despite being on the field for most of the game, and even gave the Jets offense 2 possessions in the last 2 minutes and they squandered both.

I don't even think the pick 6 happens if the snap isn't bad. Darnold needs to become more calm in the pocket, a more experienced QB doesn't rush a pass like that on account of a bad snap, they step back and reassess the situation and then throw it away if they have to. It looked like he got fizzled and threw it for the sake of throwing it but the timing was off and they paid the price.

#67 Sam Hammer, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe when they get a guy that can snap the ball, then they can try that "fancy" stuff. Gotta take baby steps. LOL!

Sam Hammer likes this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Hey, look at the bright side. The Jets now have a gaming partnership with MGM Resorts.

10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

I missed about 60% of the game. But can anyone tell me if we ran any type of PA? And wasn’t our average starting field position inside of our own 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Goff also has ZERO pressure. His offensive line is stellar. Hey we didn't score worth a crap but Macc will take more defensive players next year.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

As badly as I want an edge rusher, offensive line has far surpassed that need. Macc better draft all oline first 3 rounds next year. If they have top 3, trade down, get tackle, center, guard and grab best WR/RB available with any extra pick (s).

Please don't ruin Darnold like Sanchez.

#72 Sam Hammer, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    boozer32 likes this.
  13. David-The-Meats-Harris

I listened to it 3 times. He should have never even brought it up. Again, I'm sure its just Bowles trying to be "fair" but it wasn't fair. Holding any NFL offense to 6 points is doing your job.

As far as the insinuation that I merely read a media blurb and decided that's all I needed to hear is complete and utter bullshit.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. David-The-Meats-Harris

My gut feeling on the conservative play calling is either bates doesn't want to expose their boy or more what I subscribe to is he knows they can't protect him consistently for 3-4 seconds so they try the quick plays. The problem is they can't get open in that time because none of the receivers are quick enough. The dude has spent more time running for his life than standing in the pocket.

Whatever it is, now that the playoffs are a dream, send the kid out and let him open it up. You have no reason to play other than developing your young QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. David-The-Meats-Harris

My favorite line was bart Scott saying they should take his drawing board, ink and pens and he won't be drawing anything. Fucking classic

Red Menace likes this.
  16. The one thing im gonna disagree w you on is the last line. Sanchez had the best OL in football years 09-10..that OL was fully in tact but for Wayne Hunter/Austin Howard 11-13.They def were not on the same level & Hunter was a mess but the overall talent base of that OL puts this one to shame.

Sanchez really fell apart when the WRs around him began to change/deteriorate.They chose Holmes/derrick mason over Cotchery/Edwards & before you knew it the starting WRs were Clyde Gates & Jeremy Kerley. Yikes.

17. David-The-Meats-Harris

Holmes really put an ugly cloud over the place. In fact, the jets should stay away from ex-steelers overall. From Neil O'mfgDonnell all the way to Holmes, I can't think of a single player from the Steelers that worked out.

18. Steve Mclendon,Alan Faneca,& Willie Colon all were decent.

O’donnel,Holmes & Plaxico were the duds.

So we’re 50/50 w Ex steelers

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The rest of the games I see only one possible win. That would be against the Titans. So that would be a 4-12 season.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

From what I saw, they ran ONE PA, and missed several great chances to run a few more. Terrible!

And yes, their average starting field position was about the 18 or 19 yard line.