Boston @ Yankees 05/21- 05/23 Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AlioTheFool, May 17, 2007.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Okay, now I'm REALLY pushing my luck, and starting this thread before a Sox fan can.

Yes, I admit, I'm shook.

2. Tai Mai Shu

Tai Mai Shu Banned

Sox will sweep Stankees......BOOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Lets Go Sox!!!

4. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Alio, don't read this. It's not good news for you...

This is, however, excellent for Sox fans. Anytime you can replace Tavarez with Beckett against the Yankees is a good thing.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Bleh, you know what, at this point, it doesn't even matter. The Yankees are total crap. This is the worst they've been in over a decade. I had hope, but it's fading faster than a crackwhore's lipstick.

Represent the AL well guys.

6. Murrell2878

Let's go Red Sox!! Huge series here!! If the Sox win 2 it pushes the Yankees down even further!!! You guys definitely have the advantage going into the series with the pitching matchups. No excuses though, the bats need to stay hot!!

7. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

[​IMG]

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm excited and optimistic right now. We have the pitching, and the bats came back to life last night. If we can carry last night into today, we're in good shape.

Go Yanks!!!

9. GreenMachine

If they don't, will you leave?:eek:hmy:

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Sox are not sweeping the Yankees.

Yankees are actually big favorites for game 1, because of the matchup.

11. Murrell2878

I'm not from the shithole state :lol:

12. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

You're actually where the shit lands, just underneath :rofl:

13. devilonthetownhallroof

No way. The only game the Yankees have a real advantage in starting pitching wise is game 2, Tavarez against Mussina, although Tavarez actually has a lower ERA. Wakefield has pitched incredibly well all year, I have no idea where you get the notion that the Yankees have a huge edge tonight. Game 3 is Schilling and Pettite, so that's about even. Plus the Red Sox have had a huge edge in the bullpens this season. I think the Sox take at least 2 of 3, and a sweep isn't totally unattainable.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Why isn't Beckett going tomorrow?

As for game 3, I'd honestly give us the advantage, on the condition that the Yankees hit the ball. If they score for Pettitte, he will win. That's been the problem for him this year. Absolutely zero run support. (Some poor infield play hurt him a couple times too.)

The Yankees have traditionally hit Wakefield well. I expect more of the same this week.

Honestly, I give you the best shot at a win with Tavarez vs. Moose. (Not saying that we can't be swept, since obviously Boston is playing far better the past two months than we are, but I think if the Yankees continue hitting like they did last night we're not going to be out of this race quite as easily as everyone thought.)

15. devilonthetownhallroof

Beckett is on the DL. He could actually probably pitch sometime this week, but they had to move him to the DL until the 29th so they could bring up a couple starters with the recent doubleheaders.

Game 3, the point is that Schilling is pretty likely to prevent them from hitting the ball. I expect the Red Sox to win a low scoring game in that one.

As for Wakefield, I have no idea where Yankee fans get the idea that the Yankees hit him well. They really don't. Over the last 3 years they are hitting just .191 against him and he's posted a 3.94 ERA against them. Not bad considering the lineup they've sent out against him. Also, at Yankee Stadium he's been even better, limiting them to a .170 average and posting a 2.81 ERA with 31 K's in 32 innings. Please, put to bed the myth that the Yankees own Wakefield somehow. Not to mention he's been lights out this year.

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Go Sox!!!!!

Go Sox!!!!!!!

17. Pride

Pride New Member

Isnt it odd that a Yanks Red Sox thread is greeted by several mets fans rooting for the Sox? meh, nm. Lets go Yanks, A-Rod showed signs of heating up again in the Mets series. Even the dismal Abreu and Cano got some hits in the Mets series. Lets get started early and quick. Get some runs on the board. The perception that we are a bad baseball team ends now. We can hit Schilling, we can hit Beckett, we can hit Dice-K(even tho he wont pitch). lets take 3 :up:

18. GreenMachine

It's only 1 Mets fan...:shit:

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That sucks about Beckett for you guys. Maybe he is as fragile as people thought.

I don't doubt Schilling at all. If he hadn't personally spanked the Yankees so many times, he'd be one of my favorite pitchers in the sport. I agree, it'll be a close game.

As for Wakefield, his stats so far against the Yanks this year:
    SPLITS ERA W L Sv SvO GP GS CG IP H R ER HR BB SO BAA
    vs. NYY (2007) 5.06 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 5.1 5 3 3 1 6 3 .238

Over the past 3 years:

vs. NYY 3.94 3 5 0 0 12 12 2 80.0 55 42 35 14 34 54 .191

There's also Aaron Boone.

Dude, the reason Yankees fans say we own Wakefield is because we beat him, a lot. Lowe was the same thing. Totally dominant against anyone but the Yankees. I don't know why, it just works out that way.

The advantage that you have this time, unlike in years past, is your pen. If we get to Wakefield, around the 4th or 5th, like we normally do, you have the bullpen with the capability to bail you out quickly.

The Yankees need to get to Wakefield early.

20. Murrell2878

A-Rod showing signs of heating up again???? His two HR's this weekend were both when the game was pretty much over. A-Rod is a fraud. Best player in baseball my ass....Maybe when it doesn't matter. Give me Jeter over A-Rod any day of the week