Bombing in Manchester, UK - a/k/a, Here We Go Again . . .

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, May 22, 2017.

1. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

to the peaceful muslims out there, these assholes are coloring the way the world sees you and theyre not doing you any favors. if you dont stand up against them, you're not doing yourselves any favors either.

jetophile likes this.
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Canadians again

jetophile likes this.
  3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I was thinking with the bomber being 23, what kind of fucked up brain washing must you endure to throw your life away for this? I know this happens all the time but the fact this guy is British born makes it crazier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are a lot of truly crazy people out there just waiting to go off. The terrorists feed off of that to find recruits. They target the young and the crazy and the people with an axe to grind (the black widows).

It happens here too, only the issues are different so it's 9 people getting killed in a church by a crazy white teenager instead of a suicide bombing.

How many people did Timothy McVeigh and his co-conspirators kill in Oklahoma City? How many of them were children left in a day care center at the VA by their parents?

How many were killed at Columbine or in Newtown? How many Muslims involved there? How many non-white Americans involved there?

Memories are short and the Muslims (all Muslims apparently) are always the bad guys when that happens. Crazy is crazy and no doubt somebody in the states will remind us of that before too long and they won't be Muslim most likely.

NYJetsO12 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I am almost becoming numb to news like this. Kinda sad.

xxedge72x likes this.
  6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

All that is true but.... if we already have plenty of these characters, why would we want to import more of them, especially considering that nowadays these mass killing "bad guys" are predominantly Muslims?

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you can figure out who the bad guys are you keep them out. Our government actually vets fairly well for that specific purpose. However you can't just keep everybody out because 1 in 10,000 is a bad apple and based on the actual attacks in the US vs the Muslims coming in that's a very conservative number to look at. It's probably more like 100,000 to 1.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how many of those non-Muslim terrorists were recruited to commit their terrorist acts by an organized terrorist organization based on strongly held religious beliefs that the terrorist should were willing to die for? If not any, then there is no comparison and there is reason to not consider them equally.

Why wouldn't you single out the beliefs of terrorist groups and individuals whose beliefs are identifiable and permits the ability to identify potential offenders?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Are they really? Certainly not in America. Let's take a look at America's deadliest mass shootings: http://timelines.latimes.com/deadliest-shooting-rampages/

I'll even leave stuff out from not this century.

Orlando - Omar Mateen, born in New York, raised by a normal family. Family made up of moderates. By all accounts, a sociopath from childhood.
    Virginia Tech - Seung-Hui Cho, South Korean immigrant (as a child), not Muslim.
    Sandy Hook Elementary - Adam Lanza, not Muslim.
    San Barnardino - One American, one Pakistani.
    Fort Hood - American, Muslim, driven to radicalization by stories told to him by patients.
    Binghamton - Vietnamese immigrant, not Muslim
    Aurora - American, white as shit, definitely not Muslim

So:
    4/7 - Not Muslim
    1/7 - Was a sociopath regardless of religion, found his religion as an excuse to justify his insanity.
    2/7 - Radical extremists

That's just high profile ones. Americans are massacring other Americans at absurd rates. Gang violence causes tons of problems daily in America. Central American and South American cartels are causing massive problems in America. We don't even know how many Americans are killed by our own police force each year because they refused to be tracked and we just somehow accepted that. But 12.5 deaths per year since 2011 due to terrorism means it's Muslims we need to target? Gangs result in around 2,000 deaths a year.

I get it, foreigners committing terrorism sucks, but half the damn time, the terrorists were born in the country they attacked. To say we should prevent people from moving here is a joke of a feel good measure. It's the conservative version of what gun laws are to liberals. Most people are being radicalized online these days so good luck actually stopping these cults from achieving their goals.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^That post made my eyes bleed. You left out Andrea Yates (I killed them to save them from Satan), Charlie Manson (I wanted to start a race war), and Timothy McVeigh (I'm a disenfranchised vet, a racist and the gov't fukked me and I took out kids - oopsie!). What you're glossing over is that when Muslim extremists do murderous crap, everyone is a bigoted a-hole for pointing out a sad and stark truism. It's the same thing with the Catholic Church. When you point out something that's true, it's bashing. Uh, it isn't.

I wish moderate Muslims and Muslims that are so loose they barely pay lip service to the Quran would do a Million Man & Woman Muslim March to Washington in a show of unity and solidarity to protest this murderous crap, but you'll never, EVER see it. Partly because I think some of them are deathly afraid, partly because I think a good majority of them would see it as a form of betrayal no matter how much they disagree with it, an even smaller portion wouldn't even consider getting involved because it's a bunch of crazies that have nothing to do with them, and then there's the minuscule % that secretly fist pump over this shit. In any event, it is a huge, fukking problem. Face it.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Where's the million man & women white march against the KKK or neo nazis? Where's the Christians against Fred Phelps?

You know why a Muslim march against terrorism wouldn't do shit? Because it'd do nothing to solve the problem. It'd just make white people feel better about the issue. The terrorist groups are using cult-like tactics praying on loners and people who feel disenfranchised. Unlike cults decades ago, they have the internet to help them. And this time, they have a clear enemy for a cause.

All I'm hearing people argue for is feel good measures that don't address any of the actual issues.

Cidusii and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

You are drawing a false equivalency. There is no way you can say that the threat of Islamic Terrorist attack is the same as any other religion in the world right now. It's simply not true.

13. HackettSuxTNG

"^That post made my eyes bleed. You left out Andrea Yates (I killed them to save them from Satan), Charlie Manson (I wanted to start a race war), and Timothy McVeigh (I'm a disenfranchised vet, a racist and the gov't fukked me and I took out kids - oopsie!). What you're glossing over is that when Muslim extremists do murderous crap, everyone is a bigoted a-hole for pointing out a sad and stark truism. It's the same thing with the Catholic Church. When you point out something that's true, it's bashing. Uh, it isn't."

"Vast Majorities of Christians do not believe that if you leave their religion, you should be killed for it
    Vast Majorities of Christians do not treat women like second class citizens
    Vast Majorities of Christians do not believe if you draw a picture of Jesus Christ, you should get killed for it."[/QUOTE]

JDeacon and Jets_Grinch like this.
  14. HackettSuxTNG

It really boggles my mind to see so many liberals defend a religion that holds dear so many IL-liberal beliefs. If you believe in separation of church and state, how can you defend a religion that makes no distinction between the two?

JetsVilma28 and JetBlue like this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

Really? Only "white people" are victims of terrorism?

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nonsense. The biggest victims of radical Islamic terrorism are muslims; Muslims have a vested interest in actively opposing those beliefs and ostracizing it as not part of their culture. Radical terrorism, though, is part of the Islamic culture which is why it becomes an appealing path for some. The way to begin to eliminate its appeal is with rhetoric that ostracizes it so it ceases to be part of their norm.

The KKK ceased to be a prevalent aspect of white culture because white opposition that started with rhetoric and vocal opposition that eventually drove it out to a meaningless fringe with no power. But, no, that won't work with Muslims taking control of their culture? Please.

In regard to your attempt at contrary examples, show me where any of your examples are part of the current white or Christian culture as opposed to fringe sects. You can't, which is why your comparison has no merit.

#36 JetBlue, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    JetsVilma28 likes this.
  17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It doesn't help when this sort of ideology (Wahhabism) is practiced by the largest Arab country Saudi Arabia which we coddle and look the other way on

JetBlue likes this.
  18. jetophile

I didn't say it would "solve" anything, but it sure as hell would be a truly seminal and extremely powerful statement. As to the KKK fukktards, Neo Jerkoffs, and Westboro idiots that are basically dog shit on my shoe (can't say I cried when Phelps died), the sheer number of adherents to Islam numbers-wise is a weak comparison. Really?

"Make white people feel better about the issue", lol, dude. Uh, white people marched in Selma. Just sayin'. I look down my nose on feel good measures, truth be known. Too gay. In all seriousness, peaceful protest for a just cause is not a feel good measure. Ask MLK.

The KKK, funny how you're also leaving out that the ACLU defended the Grand Dragon of the Texas Knights of the KKK and that he had African American, Anthony P. Griffin, a Civil Rights lawyer, as counsel. Griffin marched in an anti-KKK rally (First Amendment) and then found himself defending this turd under guess what? The First Amendment. I grudgingly agreed with his decision to do it, but I respected it on principle .The First Amendment, I'm sure it's something you care deeply about, but it seems that Liberals only espouse it when it fits their agenda. You can't have it both ways.

Cult like tactics, now it's purely the internet's fault. Yes, of course it has an exponential reach, but you're also leaving out the one human element that goes along with the perfect soup for indoctrination throughout history: stupidity. Meanwhile back at the ranch, radical Islamists kill people and justify it with tenets of their religion. That's a fact. People like nothing more to say the real reason behind the actions of these a-hole radicals is political to find a way to distance themselves from the gestalt of the situation. It is NOT simply political. That's a complete falsehood. If that were the case, they wouldn't do it under the banner of their religion. I stick by my assertion that radical Islam is a problem, largely for the ones who aren't. What's next, Go Boko Haram?! Muslims the world over are also victims of these fukking assholes. Muslim radical extremists who commit acts of terror is a PROBLEM, and I stick by my assertion.

TommyJ said it better in three sentences.

#38 jetophile, May 24, 2017
    JetsVilma28 likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hate ISIS. They're the lowest of the low and I would never defend them. I only defend the Muslims who aren't evil.

20. jetophile

[/QUOTE]
    I can see how one might misinterpret that. I wasn't implying that people have committed atrocities the world over under the Vatican flag.. What I meant was that when you say things about radical Islam that are true, to some, it's bashing. If you say things about the RCC that's true, to some, it's bashing. Saying something that's true isn't bashing.

EDIT: Sorry about the quoting function thing. I think it's because of the way you quoted me initially.

#40 jetophile, May 24, 2017