Bombing in Manchester, UK - a/k/a, Here We Go Again . . .

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, May 22, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Conflicting reports out there re: the # of fatalities, and no-one has claimed responsibility yet, but you know what the odds are. Could be a crazy fan, but the Magic 8 Ball says, HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

2. jetophile

'Terrorism' being heavily considered (surprise, surprise). 19 dead (reportedly), 50 or more injured (unconfirmed, expected to climb). Just read a live stream that many of the injured are bloody from the waist down, and the blasts came from the ticket office/foyer shortly after the concert ended, which would point to a Boston bomber type deal. Sorry to post what is purely speculation at this time, but new info. is trickling out by the minute Authorities are pretty much saying we're not saying until we know for sure what to say, which of course makes perfect sense. The election is also coming up in few weeks, so it really could be anything. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. Sad.

3. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

There's just a lot of things that are unfortunate they occur in the year 2017, and the fear that some people have just going to large events is sadly too rational to argue against is at the top.

4. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Tragedy , will be so many teenagers killed and injured

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

This is NOTHING like the Boston bomber. This was drastically different. Boston was a poorly planned amateur job.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Prayers for the victims and the families

7. jetophile

I'm not talking about the level of sophistication (I should've clarified). They're talking shrapnel, hence the reference. Now hearing some of the deaths were due to trampling in the panic, which was apparently part of the plan. This is horrible.

8. Greenday4537

Adding additional shrapnel to explosions is actually pretty common for a while now. It's done in the Middle East regularly.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Tragic loss of life.

I'm not a Trump fan but he got this right (paraphrasing) "Radical Islamists don't worship God, they worship death."

Replace Islamists with terrorists in general and it's a great quote.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Greenday4537

Just a bunch of assholes bastardizing someone else's religion to further their fucked up agenda.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Just?"

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

This is quite a breakthrough in their tactics. Instead of trying to get to their potential victims, they waited for victims to come to them in large numbers. So, from now on metal detectors and pat downs in stadiums and arenas will not be enough.... scary times.

NYJetsO12, MoWilkBeast and JetBlue like this.
  13. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I was in China a couple of month ago.
    Metal detector and xray to scan bags at entrances to every metro and railroad station.

Our CLU will scream bloody murder for anyone even thinking about adapting it here.

14. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Yep. It doesn't matter what security you set up, wherever you set up that security perimeter you create a bottleneck either on arrival or departure and that creates an opportunity. I'm about 30 miles from Manchester and have been to the arena a number of times for shows. They always check bags and do pat downs, etc. This appears to have been detonated somewhere between the arena and the station next door. Calculated for maximum impact.

15. jetophile

^My condolences to your countrymen. Death count up to 22 now. Echoes of what happened in Paris in 2015 (Bataclan).

So, yeah, a suicide bombing (who knew), bomber was tentatively identified last night, positively ID'd this morning, with one other arrest. And guess what? ISIS has claimed responsibility "against the Crusaders". I mentioned Paris because now it's fairly definite that the guy knew he couldn't get in to the concert and past security with the shit he had on him, but unlike Paris, the way he carried it out was deliberate, not a last ditch effort WHEN he couldn't get in. So they learned. They are comparing the "recipe" as being similar to what was used in Boston (nuts, bolts, nails).

Just in, the bomber has been identified as Salman Abedi, 23 (possibly 22), was on the watchlist and known to police. Haven't heard the other turd's name yet.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ariana-...rena-bombing-suspect-salman-abedi-isis-claim/

Two names of the dead released: 18 yr old Georgina Callander and 8 yr old - that's right, 8 - Saffie Rose Roussos. Ughhhhhhhhh.

16. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Let's just all put up UK flags as our avatars. That will scare the hell out of terrorists worldwide!

JetBlue likes this.
  17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just wonder how much of an evil piece of shit you have to be to target little girls with bombs.

TommyJ, HomeoftheJets and JetsVilma28 like this.
  18. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This was a horrible atrocity. Acts like this have seriously diminishing returns and I'm betting that this one will cause ISIS more grief than any possible twisted gain.

The Brits need to tighten up their watch list because somebody who was on it just committed one of the worst possible atrocities. If there are too many people on the list to watch closely they're going to need to double down on the psych assessments and start pruning the list, alongside adding manpower to keep the people on it under close surveillance.

Having a list of 50,000 people who might commit an atrocity like this is a lot worse than having a list of 5,000 who are likely too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member