Bizarro Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Aug 16, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Is this guy related to Michael Jackson in some way? He really seems whacked out of his skull. Works out in his parking lot, half naked, with eye black on his face. Tells reporters that fans should "get ready for him", then threatens to call the cops on the reporters. You just can't make this shit up. Is there a way we can send him some weed or something to mellow out and get a new perspective on life?

[​IMG]

http://nypost.com/2015/08/16/geno-smith-feeling-great-post-sucker-punch-surgery/

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What a fing savage. Who left him unsupervised? Someone make him a smoothie and tuck him in bed. Only the Jets lol

Royal Tee, NYJetsO12 and june19 like this.
  3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's blatantly obvious you have an anti Geno agenda which is fine but at least be honest and don't leave out parts that make it sound like Geno is "bizarro"

First off when do you see New York Sports reporters ever "politely" asking a question and he did tell them once he didn't want to talk about it. I don't see an issue with him tossing the ball around with his friend wearing eye black. If that helps him great because he needs all the help he can get.

greenbeanz, macbk, zace and 9 others like this.
  4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't see what is so weird with those pictures?

5. DaBallhawk

The fact that no other QB does this is a good hint that this is pretty weird.

NYJetsO12 and june19 like this.
  6. DaBallhawk

It's blatantly obvious you have a pro Geno agenda. First of fall, it doesn't matter what anybody is asking him. Stop acting like a douche. Only a douche would threaten to call the cops on reporters for asking questions. Especially after his latest incident. Secondly, say no comment, move on. Stay out of the headlines, say no comment, if you have to over and over. Be smart, use your head. Threatening to call the cops is only going to get you into more trouble, especially with the NY media. You don't want these guys to chase you out and mock you. It's absolutely immature. And no, standing in the parking lot tossing a football around half naked with eye black on is not going to help him. What was his thought process when he decided before he went out half naked he had to put eye black on? For what? Please explain that to me. I don't care about the tossing a football around, we all do that every once in a while, I don't even care about him being half naked out there. But to then put this silly eye black on, how do you defend that? Just say it's ridiculous, stop looking for an angle to defend him. It's impossible.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

sounded like it was a pretty civil exchange between the post reporter. of course the post is staked out there. they are the same ones who followed rex to the bahamas.
    but to your point. he is just supposed to let the reporter ask him over and over the same question that the team has apparently been gagged about? he said no comment then let the quote miner know he wasn't going to be badgered. good for him.
    as for the eye black. only logical answer is it was bright yesterday and he probably took a little extra precaution to be sure he doesn't lose a ball in glare. ball to the face right now would be pretty bad i imagine.

in the future can you psot the whole article instead of the link, i hate giving these national enquirer cast offs clicks

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

No - Barry has it right -- you have an incredible Anti - Geno agenda that has been painfully obvious for a while.

“No comment,” Smith said.
    When the reporter persisted, he said politely, “You’re on private property, and I’ve been nice, but I don’t want to call the cops on you.”o

Doesn't seem like that unreasonable of an interaction.

Your assertion that no other Qb's do this is meaningless, because you really do not know. No where else does the fucking douche bag media hound and dig so deep to getting a fucking story. Really you quote the NY POST, might as well use the National Enquirer. The way that rag of an article is written, the Anti- Geno slant is as bad as yours.
    The shit about everyone calling IK, and no one supporting Geno is media created shit ( I would bet yo could probably count on 1 hand how many Jets reached out to IK in Buffalo)

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

That's about as far away from Geno being unreasonable as it is possible to get as far as I'm concerned.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Geno has many problems. Throwing in a parking lot is not one of them. In fact, I give him credit for getting back on the saddle. Now the question is did the boat sail without him and what else can he do to try and get the team to back him up?

FJF likes this.
  11. DaBallhawk

Come on now, cut it out. Please. I have been outside before, I have not once in my life lost the football because of how how bright it was. Nobody wears eye black at this point anymore for that reason, it's to look intimidating, it's to boost your own confidence. It's fine if you have to do it on the field on gamedays, but this whole combination of him being half naked and feeling the need to put on eye black for tossing a ball around with his buddy in his parking lot is just ridiculous and completely artificial, to show off. He doesn't wear it in practice, even in games he usually doesn't, no matter how hot it is. He didn't wear any in Miami last year when it was hotter/brighter than the inside of a volcano.

I don't deny the fact that this article has a negative vibe to it, I don't know who wrote the article but certain paragraphs just sound like they're trying to put Geno down no matter what. Which is why I didn't bring up the part of him "bragging about his tossing talent". When all he did was say "I'm good, just tossing the ball around". What else was he supposed to say, how is that bragging. As far as me being anti Geno, which is just a stupid thing to say (mentioned earlier by somebody). I've been very supportive of Geno over the years until the recent incident where he acted like a pompous ass towards IK. I don't have a problem with his talent, his upside, his skill. I have a problem with his attitude, his charatcer. He's an odd person. I don't know what it is, but his "I don't care about anything" attitude, this "let the Fans boo all they want it's funny to me" stuff just bothers me. Take your job serious, be humble, say you're gonna do everything you can to get better, to please the fans, to become the best player you can be. Don't give me this "who cares, it's funny" crap. No great QB has ever said that before he got to that point where he was considered great. Him skipping meetings to watch movies bothers me. Him disrespecting teammates bothers me. I don't see how anybody can defend that. He's not a leader. And there is a reason why nobody is sticking up for him on the team. Not even his wideouts, not one person. I would have loved for that punch to have knocked some sense into him, but it seems like he's gonna go right back to being the old Geno.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lmao. eye black is not to look intimidating dude. It's to reduce glare.

Geno blows but so does this thread.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't want GS on the NYJ but in terms of his personal life, my take is its not our business and not fair to judge. The black tape could merely be a habit he likes to engage in as perhaps an immature 24 year old. All that should matter to us his role on the NYJ.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

My quarterback.

15. DaBallhawk

So why do it then? He should disappear, study the offense and watch tape of defenses he's gonna face this year. Tossing the ball around in his parking lot won't make him any better, I'm sure he's capable of doing that at this point. The other part he lacks. And the fact that nobody is sticking up for him on the team, not even his receivers, is very telling. So unless Fitz really falls on his face and Petty can't be trusted to play this year then Geno might be done.

16. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Not a Geno supporter but can't see what the big deal is that he is throwing footballs in a parking lot. :confused:

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

All I see is Geno throwing a ball around in the street....Yea he looks like an idiot But nothing unusual

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

For everybody on this board with an anti-smith bias there is one with a pro-smith bias so why even bring it up?

19. DaBallhawk

Exactly. The same reason why players wear dark visors, because it's just to help with their migraine. And the wristbands are for blood circulation, not to look cool. I know.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#DatGlareDoe

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Are you trying to say there can't be glare because it's snowing? Brady and Roethlisberger are trying to intimidate opponents with eye black? c'mon man.