Bills trade LT Cordy Glenn to Bengals

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Mar 12, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the Bills wind up at #2, it will get even more iffy for the Jets to get either Rosen or Mayfield.

In one way, I'd almost rather the Bills take Rosen. I like him, but his concussion history and thin frame scare me. With his concussion history, I'd laugh my butt off (at the Bills, but not at Rosen) if they traded away their starting LT and a bunch of draft capital to take Rosen, and he gets another concussion his rookie season and retires from football.

If the Browns take Darnold at #1, the Bills at #2 take Rosen, the Colts take Chubb, the Browns take Barkley at #4, then the Broncos take Allen, Mayfield would be there for us at #6. But if the Browns take Barkley #1, the Bills take Darnold, the Colts take Chubb, the Browns could take Mayfield #4, the Broncos take Rosen #5 and that would leave Allen for the Jets.

Unless Mac is sharper/more aggressive than I thought, the Jets may be lucky to wind up with Bridgewater at QB.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

If only we would have tanked a little harder...

phubbadaman likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I can't believe the Bills traded their starting LT to move up to #12. To move up from #12 to #2 or #3, it would probably cost both their #12 and #22 picks, as well as at least one, if not both of their 2nd round picks. Their 3rd string LT, Seantrel Henderson is a FA. They'd better hope that Dion Dawkins (their #2 LT) stays healthy and plays well, or no QB may stay healthy and on the field for them in 2018.

4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Glenn was not the staring LT, Dion Dawkins was. Dawkins started all of last year and was damn good. The bills weren’t going to pay $12-14 million for a RT who can’t stay on the field.

Also, per the trade chart, 12 and 22 gets us to about 3. Bills will give a little more than that but will not have to give both second rounders.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets can still easily offer a better package of picks. If I am the Colts, I would take the 6th pick to grab Chubb or Nelson since one will fall. They won't fall to 12. That allows them to still grab a blue chip player. We can then offer a 2nd rounder along with some picks next year.

It would be crazy however if the AFC East had a division with Darnold (Bills) and Rosen (Jets). The loser of this draft will be on the outside looking in for a long time IMO.

6. Bills over Jets

It just depends what the Colts are looking for. They have one of the worst rosters in the league in terms of talent, so I could definitely see the attraction of adding 2 first round picks over 1. If they really want a pass rusher, Davenport should be there at 12 and would be perfect in their new 4-3. Also, they could look to add the linebacker they've never had in Roquon Smith or Tremaine Edmunds at 12. There are plenty of options.

7. NCJetsfan

Thanks. The Ourlads Depth Chart was wrong then. It had Glenn as the starter, Dawkins as the #2 and Henderson as the #3. I looked at the Bills' site first, but they had no depth chart up.

The #12 and #22 may get you there according to the draft chart, but if one or more other teams want that spot as well, I doubt that will get it done.

8. Bills over Jets

The depth chart was probably not incorrect, Glenn was out due to injury and Dawkins filled in, I think better than most expected. But if Glenn wasnt injured, he would have been in there I believe.

Bills will definitely need to add to 12 and 21 to get a deal done.