Bills to LA??? -Mereged X500

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by wildthing202, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's okay to have Dallas and Washington together. What I don't like is naming it the East division.
    I like what the league did in the late '60s when the divisions were Coastal, Century, Capitol, and Central.

2. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

If the Bills do go to L.A., it should be Baltimore to the East, Indy to the North, and the FutureBills to the south.

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Dude! Wildthing! You can't move Miami out of our division! That's just impossible!

4. jetfaninwisconsin

The bills arent going anywhere, its the saints that are going to move....

5. Hazardous Waters

While they're at it they should make Dallas in the South and Carolina in the East.

6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Chargers make the most sense. Wouldn't have to do any realigning. Minnesota wouldn't be a bad option either.

7. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

This is some bullshit! Excuse me but if that happens I will have to see Buff play whoever for NFL home games....yuck!!! I'd rather have N.O. at least I feel sorry for them and what happened.Not the Jills.

8. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

let the bills stay here, its fun kickin the shit outta them twice a year...............plus it put up high stats for Curtis Martin :martin: and our Cornerbacks:lol:

9. D6+

D6+ New Member

Regarding the Divisions, a potential solution would be to move the LA Bills ( or whatever their called to the NFC West. Then move the St. Louis Rams to the NFC South. With the Carolina Panthers moving to the AFC South. The Indianapolis Colts would then go into the AFC North. With the Baltimore Ravens going into the AFC East.

This would provide an LA-SF rivalry.

The Rams would have much less travel time.

Carolina would be in the same division as expansion rival Jacksonville. Nashville is relatively close to Charlotte.

Indianapolis would be in a Division with nearby Cincinnati and the other two teams being within driving range.

Baltimore would be back in the AFC East.

10. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

They should just expand with 2 new teams, more football to watch, and more players get a chance to start.

11. WIJetsFan

WIJetsFan New Member

LA wouldn't want the Bills...I'm not sure they want the NFL, but if they had a choice, it would be an expansion team. An odd number of teams in the league sounds like something the league would do, which can go on the heap of bad ideas with flagging excessive celebration and 3 Thanksgiving day games.

12. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

ya they wont move the bills they have too much history

13. PhinPhan1227

PhinPhan1227 New Member

When the NFL realligned the Divisions last time, the owners of the PAts, Bills, and Jets all threatened veto's if Miami was moved from the East Division. Face it, you guys all love to hate us.

14. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I honestly wouldn't know how I could live without being bitter division rivals with all of you three... it's so much fun :buffaloblows: :bills_suck: :pats_suck: ricky williams :finssuck:

15. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

I don't have a link for this, but this is the scripts from the news station I work for in Rochester (for all you downstaters - Rochester is about an hour outside of Buffalo)

THE BUFFALO BILLS "GAME PLAN" FOR THE FUTURE MAY *NOT INCLUDE WESTERN NEW YORK!!
    OWNER RALPH WILSON SAYS HE'S UNCERTAIN ABOUT THE TEAM'S "VIABILITY" IN BUFFALO BECAUSE OF A NEW MONEY SHARING AGREEMENT IN THE N-F-L.
    THIS ALL STEMS FROM THE DEAL THAT TEAM OWNERS SIGNED WITH PLAYERS LAST MONTH ON HOW TO SPLIT AND SHARE REVENUE. RALPH WILSON-- WHO VOTED NO-- SAYS THE AGREEMENT IS SET UP TO BE MORE FAVORABLE TO BIG CITY TEAMS-- AND WOULD HURT SMALLER MARKET TEAMS.
    THE VOTE WAS 30-- TO 2-- CINCINNATI'S OWNER ALSO VOTED NO.
    WILSON-- WHO MET WITH THE GOVERNOR, SAYS HE'S COMMITTED TO WESTERN NEW YORK-- BUT SAYS QUOTE "THE LONG TERM VIABILITY OF OUR FRANCHISE MAY BE IN SERIOUS DOUBT.
    HE ALSO SAYS HE'S NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT AND THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED THE TEAM DESERVE MORE.
    WILSON SPECIFICALLY MET WITH THE GOVERNOR TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MONEY SHARING DEAL AGREED ON BY TEAM OWNERS.
    THE GOVERNOR TOLD WILSON THE BILLS FUTURE IN BUFFALO IS OF VITAL INTEREST AND THAT HE'LL KEEPING FIGHTING ON BEHALF OF THE TEAM.
    MEANWHILE-- NEWS OF WILSON'S COMMENTS HAVE FANS CONCERNED WHETHER THE BILLS WILL STAY PUT.
    RALPH WILSON REITERATED TO THE GOVERNOR THAT THE BILLS ARE THE *ONLY TEAM THE PLAYS HOME GAMES IN NEW YORK STATE.
    IT'S UNCLEAR WHAT MR. WILSON INTENTIONS WERE BY COMPLAINING TO PATAKI, BUT AGAIN THE GOVERNOR PROMISES TO FIGHT FOR THE TEAM.
    ON A SIDE NOTE-- ERIE COUNTY EXECUTIVE JOEL GIAMBRA SAYS HE HAS NO REASON TO BELIEVE THE TEAM FRANCHISE IS IN IMMEDIATE JEOPARDY-- BUT ALSO SAYS THE COUNTY WILL DO WHAT IT CAN TO KEEP THE TEAM VIABLE.

My guess is -- that as soon as their lease is up -- they are OUT of Buffalo.

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

Screw L.A.

17. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I need proof for this claim.

18. JeremyDigital

JeremyDigital New Member

it would be a sad day if the bills move.

no NFL in my backyard?

i would have to move :)

19. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

I wouldn't count on it yet.. It looks like Tom Golisano, Rochester billionaire (CEO of Paychex, Owner Buffalo Sabres) Could step in and "help out." I wouldn't doubt if he bought the team from that old idiot Wilson