Bills to cut Mario Williams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DonnieBaseball23, Dec 31, 2015.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Yet the toe sucking loud mouth remains. I like it. Run Mario run to the NFC.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don't have to worry about him running through a wall sunday

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

future Miami Dolphin for $100 million

Royal Tee and matt robinson 17 like this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

We're still going to get his best, I guarantee you that.

Big Cat, FJF and NY Jets68 like this.
  5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Don't kill me on this one guys, but isn't he pretty much a pure pass rusher? I remember when he was drafted by the Texans, I believe he was the OLB for their 3-4 front. If he isn't going to command a ton of money, isn't this who we should look to give us that true pass rusher once and for all?

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

On what other franchise is this leaked BEFORE their last game of the season? Guess some of Rex's leaks followed him to Buffalo.

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yup....I was hatin' on Pettine for a long time for the leaks. But now I believe Rex had a part all along. I'm actually looking forward to him getting out of the NFL altogether.

Edit: On second thought: maybe he'll go to Miami next. That would be good

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The timing of this makes no sense. If you want to send a message you cut a guy, not leak that he will be cut in the off-season.

This could be a BS leak, which do happen now and then. It could be a very bad attempt to motivate Williams, since it is as likely to backfire as to motivate him. It could just be an unstable situation under the new Bills ownership, with nobody firmly in control - which is by definition a leaky ship.

9. NYJFan10

Well Pettine was a documented source and his leaks more or less made Rex look bad.

But yeah when you have a culture of no muzzles then everyone including yourself (re: Rex) is a candidate to be a leaker.

10. NYJFan10

Considering Bills ownership already announced Rex was staying it would be likely to have the OPPOSITE effect. Why should Williams give a crap if it's his last game in Buffalo and he's getting out of prison immediately afterward? I'd think he would be happy to be cut given how much he's ripped Rex openly this season.

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The leaks, and the dysfunction are there too.

Rex gave some sad sack presser last week about changes coming....before they re-assured him.

Don't turn the ball over, and don't let Watkins beat you for a HR: particularly on a broken play where Taylor breaks out and hits Watkins long. I don't know how we lose otherwise

12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

leaks or no leaks, when your cap hit far exceeds your dead cap, you are assumed to be getting cut

13. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

It was probably this in combination with him asking to be released. He wants to play in a 4-3 style defense where all he does is shoot his gap and rush the passer. He's not interested in dropping into coverage because the defense is running a zone blitz.

Rex really fucked up in Buffalo. Instead of keeping that defense in a 4-3 where all his dline does is get after the passer (which they excelled at last year) he instead switched to his hybrid 3-4. He wanted to prove that his defense and his play calls were superior to anything else currently being run in the NFL. So instead of sticking to what worked he changed things up and ran them his way.

And that cause he's "Rex Ryan the defensive mad scientist". It's his scheme that's important and not the players in it. And that mentality totally backfired this year. It doesn't look like things are going to get any better next year either, cause he's going to need 3-4 players for his 3-4 defense.

It's funny cause it's "kinda" the exact same thing Mangini did when he got here in 2006. He had a roster filled with nothing but 4-3 players so what did he do? He made them play a 3-4 two-gap system. Now I said "kinda" because at least Mangini blew up a middle of the road 4-3 defense. Rex just destroyed an excellent 4-3 defense.

Well now Mario Williams will be auditioning for his next team on Sunday and it's probably going to be the same with a lot more of their guys. Mangini ran Vilma out of town and now Rex did the same with Mario.

I expect that Rex will mimic Mangini again when he gets fired in another 2 years. By that time most of his absurd 25 million dollar contract will be paid and the Bills will look to move on. Maybe they should look to hire Mangini. Who knows stranger things have happened.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Why would he not command a ton of money? The money you are thinking about giving to him should go to Wilkerson, 4 years younger, fits the current system and when was the last time you heard Wilk whining to the press.

15. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

T-T-T-T-T-T-T- Tannen-bombed

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Wow... Weird
    If true, Giants should be interested as JPP replacement.

Royal Tee likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why the fuck would they release their best coverage linebacker???? Hahaha ha super Mario did great work this year covering running backs out of the backfield all game instead of rushing the passer

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

With all that money that's been going to him you'd think he should also return punts.

Sent from my KFASWI using Tapatalk

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Probably would do a better job than Kerley

matt robinson 17 and mute like this.