Bills shopping Losman?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ROCaMOB, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

Nall A Bill: Reports out of Milwaukee say that the Bills have agreed to a three year contract with Packers free agent QB Craig Nall. He was one of five players in town on Friday for a visit. The deal was reached last night and it is reportedly for three years but terms were not released. The article speculates that Nall will challenge for a starting job with either Kelly Holcomb or J.P. Losman getting released before training camp.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/

Sirius Radio is reporting that with the deal given to Nall, the bills are likely to shop Losman.

Living in Bills country I have seen Losman several times.. this kid is TERRIBLE. He has a great arm and he can move, but he makes terrible decisons and his footwork is awful. That was his knock coming out of Tulane, he has yet to beat that wrap.

2. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

When are teams going to learn to stay away from these kids that pop up after the Senior Bowl, or have good pro-days/work-outs. We've seen it with Losman. We've seen it with Rivers. And now we're seeing it with Cutler.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Shaun King - Sucks
    Patrick Ramsey - Sucks
    JP Losman - Sucks

Tulane QB's...

4. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

We'll give him Bollinger and a 7th rounder and call it even.

5. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

They may be shopping him, but there are not any buyers.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

How do you shop someone that has absolutely no trade value?

7. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

Rivers was great in college...and you cant even judge him since he has never made a single start in the nfl
    not saying he will be great, but he has never played

8. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 New Member

How can anyone think the bills would be stupid enough to shop losman. They used a first round pick on him and he started 1 season. You never know what a kid might develop into if they work with him and actually give him time to adjust to the NFL. If they shop him it will be considered one of the biggest wastes of a first round pick ever. You dont give a 1st round qb a couple starts with a team like that and say, "oh well, he's a loser"

9. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Easily, that was the old regime. The new regime might be looking to make up for Donahoes mistakes.

10. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I personally think Losman isn't very good, but to give up on him after 1 year as a starter would be quite dumb, especially when the alternatives are Craig Nall (the Packers were so sold on Nall they drafted Aaron Rogers) and Kelly Holcomb. Could they possibly be looking at Young or Cutler at #8?

11. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

The Bills have a lot more needs than QB.. I don't think that Levy is very high on Losman, and I wouldn't be surprised if they dump him. As for drafting a QB -- who knows???

The amount of money they gave to Royal and Tripplett -- who knows what the new regime is going to do.

They should have never signed an 80 year old first time GM when they are in the middle of rebuilding.

12. ROCaMOB

ROCaMOB New Member

There were a few teams who were pretty high on Losman when he came out -- one of them being the Packers. I wouldn't be surpirsed if they gave up a second day draft pick for him. Let him and Rodgers fight for the starting position.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've never thought much of JP, and Craig Nall is much better anyways...trade Losman for a 3rd if lucky :beer:

14. Ten

Ten Active Member

Go Craig Nall!

15. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

Levy is not high on Losman at all.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

so now you guys are getting to know my wisconsin boys!

First was Brooks Bollinger..

and now to the bills...you guys have found CRAIG NALL!

17. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I dunno, you say that but...it's not like anybody else seems to want him either. Better to cut your losses now and try something else if you don't see anything in him...as apparently nobody else does either. That being said, I think he'll wind up as a backup probably until his contract runs out.

18. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

Sowell to Chiefs?

With this development do you think jerald Sowell will follow Herm to KC?

Chiefs FB Richardson joins VikingsBy Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

The Minnesota Vikings, who essentially played with no fullback on the roster under Mike Tice, have added one of the NFL's best players at the position for the West Coast-style attack that first-year head coach Brad Childress will install for this season.

Tony Richardson
    Running Back
    Kansas City Chiefs

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
    Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD
    6 20 0 9 68 1

Two-time Pro Bowl performer Tony Richardson, an 11-year veteran who had played his entire career with the Kansas City Chiefs, on Tuesday reached agreement in principle on a two-year contract, ESPN.com has learned. The deal will pay Richardson about $2.5 million.

Richardson, 34, visited with Minnesota officials over the weekend, received a contract proposal on Monday and told the Vikings he needed a day to consider it. On Tuesday, he ended a long relationship with the Chiefs and with a city where he had become a fixture on and off the field and accepted the deal, which includes a six-figure signing bonus.

There were a number of teams interested in the classy Richardson, and there were even some discussions about re-signing in Kansas City.

Chiefs team president Carl Peterson said he was "personally disappointed" the team could not work out an arrangement to keep Richardson in the fold.

"I made it clear to Tony, as I on have on numerous occasions, that when he is finished with his playing career, I would like him to be a part of the Kansas City Chiefs organization," Peterson said. "That offer and promise still holds and we look forward to seeing Tony in the future."

A former Auburn star, Richardson originally entered the league with Dallas as an undrafted college free agent in 1994 and spent some time on the Cowboys' practice squad that season. He was released, signed with the Chiefs in 1995 and spent the next 11 seasons with the team.

A conventional fullback, one whose statistics aren't indicative of his contribution, Richardson is a solid lead blocker and receiver. His acquisition completes the remaking of the Minnesota backfield, which will be completely overturned from the one that opened the 2005 season, given that Brad Johnson replaces Daunte Culpepper at quarterback and free-agent addition Chester Taylor is the new tailback.

Having a strong character player like Richardson in the locker room will also be a plus for Childress as he attempts to improve the Vikings' image.

Richardson has carried 395 times for 1,576 yards and 15 touchdowns and has 177 receptions for 1,298 yards and nine touchdowns in his career. His best season was in 2000, when he posted career bests for rushing attempts (147) and yards (697) and also added 58 receptions for 468 yards. The durable fullback has played in 163 games and started in 96 of them. Richardson was named to the Pro Bowl squad following the 2003-04 seasons.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Adjust Font Size:

19. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Yeah, I think we are going to hear something about Sowell and the Cheifs very soon now.

20. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Do all Wisconsin boy's go over to Brett Favre's house and compliment him on how he looks in muddy shorts?

I gotta find that quote again...