Bills @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetDan, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Short week with the season on the line. If this game was on Sunday, I would of been more open to Petty starting. The Bills are riding high, thinking they will make the playoffs- but lets hurt there chances and send them back to abyss where they belong. WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

fansince90 likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bills are no joke and Sean McDermott & Brandon Beane are instilling a cutthroat approach to the team, holding players who are under performing accountable by shipping them off via trade. Tyrod Taylor is also good and they are playing well versus good competition. Shady McCoy just had a 150 yard rushing game versus the Raiders and their o-line is one of the best in the league

I hate to say it but I don't think we're beating them either on a short week, even if we're at home.

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  3. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

I don't expect us to win. I expect a competitive game which we won't win because of our inability to close out games. They're 3rd in the NFL in rush defense so don't expect our running game to be of any use. They're 28th in pass defense, that's our chance, I don't care what Forte says, our receivers need to have a good game for us to win and McCown needs to stop with his shenanigans in the 4th.

4. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

We take the L big time. The Bills D is a really really solid team, maybe the best we've faced so far. I don't see us doing much.

Maybe we wear the Kelly green Uni's, that's about all the positive i see in the game

Red Menace and grkmanga31 like this.
  5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No way we win this game. We are entirely too conservative.

FlaJet and rohirrim665 like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The green vs red uni theme will be enough for me to gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

K'OB likes this.
  7. grkmanga31

Those Kelly Green color rush uniforms are fantastic IMO, but yes not for everyone

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

That won't happen. The league took a lot of heat from people who are color blind with that game. Last year's Thursday night game in Buffalo the Bills wore the red and the Jets were in their white jersey. My guess is Jets in green and Bills in white. These Thursday night games with the Bills are starting to look like a tradition as this is the 3rd straight year these two play on Thursday night.

HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

After sitting through that crapfest yesterday until 5 minutes into the 3rd Q and being fully deserving of a medal of valor, I'm listing my tix for Thursday for $1 each. Gentleman's bet they don't sell. I didn't make one post in the Jets forum after yesterday's debacle. I stuck to the horror flick thread instead.

But yeah, I started to feel like I was in that classic Ray Bradbury short story, 'The Long Rain'. I hate the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I was there with you- never taking cover upstairs for the entire duration of the game. My sneakers are still wet. At end of day, we put in a good effort as fans all for nothing. If they got the W- it would of been a game to remember.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Falcons game was brutal. Hats off to @jetophile and any Jets fans who sat through it. One of those games where the Jets led most of the time but YOU KNEW they would blow it and they did on queue. Disgusting.

I'm done with this season as any smart fan would be, but I am not smart enough to stop watching. So I will watch the Bills putting the BEAT DOWN on the Jets Thursday. :(

It's not fun. That is for sure.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey now... what about the rest of us at home who sat thru that shitfest without turning the channel??? No love for us??? #thatsucks

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha, that is true. Hats off to any Jets fan period. From 1960 to now. :)

Cman68 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

jets need to get that killer instinct. the reason the pats don't lose is they don't' let up. lately i see a trend of the jets getting a lead early then playing conservative. it's a BS move IMO.

rohirrim665 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Seems to me that the Bills are better than the Jets at almost every position group. I expect them to win pretty easily, and the "Don't Worry Be Happy" Good Ship Jets to continue to spring leaks.

16. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I could see either team winning, I think it will be close throughout, barring one team completely shitting the bed with multiple turnovers.

The Bills have no playmakers on offense outside of Shady and I would be willing to bet we struggle all day long against the Jets D, like we've done against all the defenses this year good and bad. That means the game will be close the whole way. McCown and the Jets offense has played better recently than when the two teams matched up earlier this year. Jets are also at home on a short week. I expect the Jets to get some yards through the air.

I'm not sure what happened to the Jets run defense the first time we played, but I dont expect the Bills to gash them again like that. I think the game will be close, and either team could pull it out in the end.

#16 Bills over Jets, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

"Pull out? Doesn't sound manly to me, Bob." ~George Carlin

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

They hammer away at the running game even if it's not working until they wear down the defense. Taylors mobility is going to keep the jets defense on field and they will be gassed early if Jets offense doesn't sustain drives.

They made quick work of Raiders who are a much better team than jets this year.

NYJetsO12 and grkmanga31 like this.
  19. grkmanga31

Yep, and the jets always seem to let tyrod scramble and sustain drives under 3rd and long situations. Shady is always a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

This is one of those games I really do wish we get our ass kicked.

I hate staying up late on a work night to watch us lose a game that we had opportunities to win. Much easier to be able just turn it off at half time.

I for one would still rather see the Bills win the division over the Pats.