Bill O'Brien On Verge of Being Fired

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by boozer32, Dec 18, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Hide the children....

2. TonyFtLaud

Wait. McCown throwing from the wheelchair will light up the league next year

boozer32 likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

Might have done better with the 11 minus Petty....
    But in fairness, Petty isn't responsible for that and was yelling at the wrong player to get off the field.
    I think Morton tried to add some different personal groupings and plays specifically for Petty and there was just confusion because of it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So when he hits on one is luck? Adam by the way is great, period and so is Williams. You must be joking.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Absolutely and maybe MacGagnan should go first, he is the fool that makes these worthless picks. Another braindead GM that is still living in the 80s and thinking games are still won on defense. The second they cut Wilkerson is the second before they should fire gaggy.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lol I don't know, I'm also not sure what your point is.

7. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I completely disagree with firing Bowles = must fire Mac. I don't understand what you really mean by this, as that idea is implemented very often throughout the NFL. The GM usually (as far as I know) has input into who they want to hire as a HC. From everything that I have read, Mac didn't have much input into the Bowles hire (and it still seems that they are not on the same page 3 years later). And IMO i think he has done enough to pick his own HC and see that through a couple of years. I can sense that we will not agree on this so lets leave it at that.
    Back to Bill O'Brien, It would be nice to finally have an offensive minded HC, but I'm not sure that he is the right guy for the NYJ job. Nagy could be a good hire, but I see him going to a team that needs that final push (Titans?). Also, I don't see Bowles being fired either.

Red Menace and boozer32 like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

As you said I don't think Mac is a good GM. Which means firing Bowles won't make things better and in a year from now Mac will be on the hot seat. But we'll have a first year coach which means there won't be any good options for what to do at that point.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  9. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Adams and Williams are not great not even close. Williams is good but feel he could be great under different coaches. He is kinda regressing as he had a really good rookie season and just so-so second and thrid. Adams is horrible in coverage and was suppose to be this interchangable (FS/SS) type. I'm seeing less free safety and more linebacker stuff. That tells me he ain't cutting it in coverage. If we needed another linebacker maybe we should have drafted one. Hardly great.

#69 boozer32, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why is it different? All the things I mentioned are controllable by the coaching staff; or would be if they were competent. Clean house!

11. HomeoftheJets

Because I'm not sure we have a general communication problem. Every team commits communication penalties, and every fanbase likes to bash their coaches for them. I'd have to look up how often we get flagged versus other teams before judging our coaches.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Jets are 7th most penalized team in the NFL.

13. HomeoftheJets

And in 2015 and 2016 we were the 5th least penalized team. But I'm talking about communication penalties, not penalties in general.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

2 delay of games penalty for Mcown and 2 false starts, not sure if false starts were due to rushing the play.

15. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't know why they'd fire O'brien. If Watson didn't get hurt this team would be at least giving the Jaguars a run for their money.

Red Menace and grkmanga31 like this.