Better Call Saul on AMC

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JStokes, Feb 7, 2015.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, great episode Monday. They made you think Kim was about to exit Jimmy's life, and now she has gone the opposite route. I was thinking "No! Kim! NOOOOOOOOO!" Haha. Not sure that plan would truly work, but it was entertaining. Jimmy was hilarious in this episode. Mike and Nacho were also good. I loved the first scene. About 5 minutes in I restarted because I wasn't sure what was going on and thought I missed something. Instead, that was just part of the episode. I love when they do stuff like that.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if rather than bite the big one, if Nacho doesn't use the "cleaning service" and that is how Jimmy learns about changing an identity. More than likely, he just learns it from the seedy Vet dude, but I'm very interested to see what happens with Nacho.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

And just like that...........Jimmy died and Saul Goodman was born. Great season finale. Great season overall. Really interested to see what happens to Kim next season. Their relationship looks like it is near the end, but can she get out fast enough? I hope so. Mike and the German story line was great. Amazing television. Can't wait for next season. Breaking Bad only had 5 seasons (with Season 5 split in half), so it will be interesting to see if Better Call Saul does the same or actually runs longer than Breaking Bad. I feel like it still has 2 seasons of storytelling left, but I would understand if the next one is the last.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It's all good man

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I just got to it last night. Agree with TDK completely. I was heartbroken with what Mike had to do, and why, but it is what it is. With his wife knowing about the lab, I wonder if anything will come of that.

The ending was perfect.

And I love Kim.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Well, new season. I watched the first part of the two-parter. Saul got pinned out in the mall he works in reading a book and eating a sandwich on a break from Cinnabon. He called up the vacuum cleaner repair man, but changed his mind and said he'd handle it himself.

Flashback to the past, he legally changed his name to Jimmy Saul Goodman McGill. Like 'Breaking Bad', I hope this is the final season. I'm pretty sure it is. I can't help but think that Kim is going to die somehow. If she just leaves Jimmy at some point that just isn't tragic enough. Poor Kim. Whatever happens to her, it's not going to be good.

Also, through deduction, at some point Nacho is going to buy the farm. I mean, he is mentioned in 'Breaking Bad', but that doesn't necessarily mean he stays alive.

A good turn by the creepy loaded weapon Lalo Salamanca.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. NYJalltheway

I almost forgot it was coming back on. Heck yeah setting the DVR.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I liked the first two episodes

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

After watching that flash forward we need to get to next season ASAP!

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

AMC has renewed it for one more, final 6th season (13 episodes). I believe I read it will have the same number of total episodes upon it's conclusion as Breaking Bad.

I'd actually like to see next season be all about Gene. I feel like there is a lot they could explore there and it would be fresh.

Love the show though.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. NYJalltheway

I mainly want to see what happens to Kim. We're pretty invested in her story at this point.

12. The Dark Knight

Awesome seeing Hank and Gomie back this week. I love the flow of the show. They do such a great job.

13. NYJalltheway

I was watching with my roommate, and asked if it was the first time they were on the show, and we think it is. Pretty crazy for a cameo to come this late into a show.

14. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I am hoping they have more to do this season and it wasn't just a one episode thing. It shouldn't be because Saul should be involved with the DEA from now on! :cool:

15. NYJalltheway

I feel like the show doesn't get the respect it deserves. Spin-offs are extremely rarely good, and this show is one of the best dramas I've ever seen. It also doesn't try to be breaking bad. It's it's own show, and knows what it is.

16. The Dark Knight

Yeah, well said. I agree. It's so well made. And it's slow and calm pacing, followed by extremely fast and intense pacing is amazing. Not many shows could pull that off.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Think Kim officially signed her death warrant.

My guess is Jimmy can't deliver on saving one of the drug guys and they take her out for payment.

Edit: Is there a Westworld thread? My lord that first episode.

18. NYJalltheway

She better not get killed off.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I've been thinking all along that she's going to die. Having her just conventionally leave Jimmy somehow doesn't fit. Rhea Seehorn is killing it as an actress in her role as Kim. She's spectacular. And fck you, Howard!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Longshot Theory here, but she realizes that Jimmy is willing to completely play her. She was clearly livid. Maybe she gets Jimmy to the altar and leaves him hanging as the ultimate way to show him how it feels to be played by someone you love? If Jimmy hasn't snapped already that would do it.