Best Team in the NFL?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Sep 24, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Someone called him a great LA Chargers QB and he flipped out.

He had a special connection with the San Diego fanbase. LA is so damn spoiled.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Art Modell, I'm so confused!

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Colts.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Right now, it's the Saints IMO. Subject to change based on what happens tonight.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Nothing changes if they lose tonight for me. They have been the best team since day one and with essentially a 2 game lead for home field they are nearly a lock to go to the Super Bowl.

The Rams have fallen off, the Bears and Cowboys are closing the gap (despite the Cowboys loss yesterday) between the Rams. I don't think any of them can win in New Orleans.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

On the AFC side I like the Chargers, the only issue with them is that they do not have home field which is obviously a big deal. If the Chargers end up with the one seed I think they go to the Super Bowl to.

What a story it would be if it was Brees vs Rivers all these years later.

phubbadaman likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It would be nice to be rooting for both teams in the Super Bowl. I've always liked the Saints and Brees, and I would really like Rivers to win a Super Bowl to help shut up the moronic Giants fans who say that Eli has been a better QB than him. I don't blame the Chargers players for the terrible decision to move the team out of San Diego. Love Cajun/Creole food and love the Charger uniforms, too, so it's all good.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Would love to see them sporting the powder blues.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Definitely.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No alts in the playoffs unfortunately. They should switch to the powder blues full time.

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think the Saints are the team to beat. Demario making a nice impact over there.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree but if you look at the Saints this year they are actually built to win outdoors in the cold. They have the No. 1 rushing D and the are 3rd in rushing attempts. Their D has been sort of crappy against the pass. In their favor to get to the SB all of the NFC division leaders are run teams including the Rams who revolve around Gurley not Goff.

The AFC is likely to have a team come out with one of the following QB's. Rivers, Brady, Rothlisberger, Mahomes, Watson or possibly Luck. NO has a great matchup advantage to get to the SB.

If you were to ask me during the season I would say the NFC is much better than the AFC in terms of depth. The AFC still has elite QB's in droves going to the playoffs who's O revolve around them. That doesn't play in NO favor.

13. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Even if they did, I'm not sure how much advantage that minor league kiddie park would give them. I'm also not convinced that they'll actually win in the playoffs. I dunno, maybe their history is influencing me. That entire AFC is such a clusterfuck at this point. As long as it's not the Cheats again I don't care.

I sure as hell don't trust the Rams, not after these last two weeks. Barring any late season injuries, I think the Saints will crush all challengers EDIT: though after tonight I'm having serious second thoughts. Maybe Dallas stopping them dead in their tracks wasn't an aberration after all, though in fairness, they were both road games, and they did find a way to beat the Panthers. But two shaky performances out of three isn't encouraging...

I would kill for a Saints/Bears NFCC, and a SD/KC rematch in the AFCC (though with the seeding I don't know it that'll be possible).

#113 NYJ79, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018