Best Jet Game Ever Attended

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by joejets1, Nov 14, 2006.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs, just thinking about being at that game makes me happy

2. bbombers85

bbombers85 Banned

Beating the Steelers last year in what was otherwise a lost season. I had a blast. I don't have season tickets so don't get to go to many games. That one for me easily tops my list.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I've only attended 2 but the 2006 game where we clinched against the Raiders was amazing.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

For those of us who stayed on that Monday night long ago.....The Monday Night Miracle.

Absolutely the best night as a Jets fan!! We partied until about 4:00am in the lot that night!!

5. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

yesterdays game ranks up there . was the best ending to a game ive been at in a while.

6. patsrule666

patsrule666 New Member

Cold December day 1987 at the old Sullivan Stadium (very cold seats). Sitting behind Jets bench and yelling at Gastineau. him yelling and swearing back at us..
    We won 42 to something, but the best part was the taunting back and forth..
    I had too much respect for Klecko and the other guy Marty, so we left them alone..

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I made the trip down to Miami for that one too - it was probably my high water mark as a Jets fan. By any chance, where you one of the crowd at Shula's Steakhouse Bar at the Ft. Lauderdale Sheraton after the game? It was filled with elated rowdy Jets fans who were staying there. I recall actually feeling sorry for the bars staff who had to put up with our antics. It was wonderful. We haven't had pride like that in our team since, and we were in a place filled with Dolphin crap. Beautiful memory.

Side story - during the game I realize the guy sitting in front of me is none other than Bruce Harper. (No, not Ed) During a TO I see him swing his binoculars over to the Dolphin cheerleaders. I lean in and ask "Bruce, how's it looking over there?" He knew he was snagged. It was great.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I'll throw out a couple of others since none of the Shea games were mentioned that I saw.

There was a game against the Dolphins n '81 that put us in first place for the first time in ages. Todd hit Jerome Barkum right in front of us in Loge Section 2, crossing the end zone with about 6 seconds left for a thrilling 16-15 victory. Shea bounced in delight. We hugged people we never even said hello to before in our row. We also had a tie against Miami that year, so both meetings were decided by a total of a single point.

(By the way, great Jets Dolphins rivalry entry on Wikipedia. I couldn't post the link since I am new here, but search Wikipedia under "Dolphins Jets Rivalry)

The game against the Packers later that year that clinched a playoff spot. Sack Exchange was in full-force, and practically every GB 3rd down was a time to stand up and expect the sack. The only question was whether Klecko or Gastineau would get it. Abdul Salaam may even have surprised us with one that day. We ran on the field after the game, and my brother got smacked in the head with a goalpost - and was thrilled by it!

Interesting that the '81 last second Dolphin win mirrored the '86 Wesley Walker last play TD that tied the game in the 51-45 game, and the Packer home playoff clincher occurred again in 2002.

9. GoJets111

GoJets111 Member

mine would have to be Monday night miracle

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

'81 is the first year I can remember games and it was a great year. I have copies of both that Miami and GB game from '81.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was very young and it was my first Jet game.

October 23, 1977....Jet's vs Raiders at Shea.

The Jet's nearly beat the World Champs, but lost 28-27 by a missed P.A.T. by Pat Leahy. That day, I became a huge Wesley Walker Fan (WW85). Wesley Walker is my favorite Jet, and there isn't even a close second. Walker caught a 80 yard bomb from Richard Tood that was a thing of beauty. I believe the Jet's went only 3-11 in 1977 , but were very competitive under the new coach Walt Michaels. As a Jet fan you could see the future was looking bright.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I've been to relatively few games, but I was at the famous game against the Seahawks on December 6, 1998 when Vinny didn't actually get into the end zone, right in front of where I was sitting. It was only later on the car ride home that we found out about the controversy.

13. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

1981 AFC Wild Card Game Buffalo Bills 31, New York Jets 27 (My first Jets game at SHEA Stadium)
    1998 Jets at Miami Vinny and the boys win on Sunday night and clinch the number 2 seed.
    2008 Jets vs. Chiefs (40th Anniversay of the Super Bowl III) One of the best days of my life and my son and I got to see my dad on the field during the half-time ceremony. It was awesome to actually walk on the the field.
    2007 Jets at Miami Jets rolled the Phins in there Titians uniforms.

14. quadcityjetsfan76

I have only made it to 2 (1 and ahalf) games in my lifetime. I live in the midwest and atteneded the preseason matchup in the late 90's against Chicago. That was a great experience, not really for the game , but for the ride up to it. Many pitstops fpor more beer, at 1 point we stopped at a bar in Joliet and happened across a lingerie show. We almost changed our minds and hit the tail end of a White Sox double-header. We finally made it to Soldier Field with enough time to grab 2 beers a piece (end of the 3rd quarter). The Jets were killing the Bears, I think Ray Lucas was lighting them up. I was with Bears fans so we actually wound up leaving early. My second showing was in Champaign Illinois when Chrebet fumbled away a chance at victory by trying to hurdle over a defender. Bear fans sure can be assholes. It was a long walk back to the busload full of Bear fans I would have to ride home in. My wife and sister-in-law were actually showered in thrown beer meant for me. Most would say these are not so great experiences, but for me, I wouldn't give them back for anything. I hope to make it to Indianapolis in '09. Go JETS!!!!