Benigno & Roberts on state of the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Dec 19, 2012.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself:

[youtube]P5gC3pAysG8[/youtube]

2. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Same guys who complained all season it was not sanchez fault. Dont put tebow in... Now they are saying, well Tebow would have at least not turned it over.. Oh you mean like ground and pound all day, no turnovers. Yeah I was hoping for that week 3. Now they see it after the season is over... eh... no cred.

3. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

When did Benigno start with this "Bro" stuff? It's annoying as hell.

4. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Think he started sayin "bro" in the womb to be honest

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree completely about the playcalling. Sanchez is struggling, why are they so afraid to run it in short yardage situations? They need to put more trust in the running game. And what's up with the TEbow usage? They just give him a full drive? That made no sense at all. Sparano is terrible. Once again I'm here screaming at the TV to RUN THE BALL. He just wouldn't do it. Greene was averaging 5.2 a carry... Puzzling.

They are wrong about the defense, though. They are playing lights out, but when the offense turns it over constantly they get worn out by the end of the game.

#5 Barcs, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. Bruce Harper

Bruce Harper New Member

I give them credit. That was pretty good.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

'USC wouldn't even want Sanchez back'

lol

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I agree with them whole heartedly.

I say trade Revis to the Redskins for Cousins and a first or second round pick. That is of course after the entire CS and FO gets fired.

Crazy? The defense has proven it can play without the future HoF CB. The offense needs a franchise QB. Use that pick for an O lineman, sign an RB. Better yet, get some scouts that can recognize talent half as well as NE, and find Vereen or BJGE or a Ridley.

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I hope we don't fall into the trap of pursuing one hit wonders as QB
    History has not been kind in that area, and I go back to Gary Cuozzo in that regard:grin:

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

This makes more sense than Mark starting the last 6 games.

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

When I started listening to them I found it really annoying. After a few years I barely hear it anymore.

Kind of like marriage...

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Dude, (instead of "Bro) I have been saying this for the last two years! Nobody seems to get this simple concept. The defense gave up one big play on the CJ run. They were on the field almost the entire game and they constantly put up huge stops off of those turnovers. I feel like anybody who indicts the defense doesn't watch the entire game.

#12 rohirrim665, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  13. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

Seriously, what happened? Maybe I drank the kool-aid, but before last season I actually thought this team was in good hands. I thought Mr. T and Ryan knew what they were doing. Boy was I wrong.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Really???Trade Revis a future hall of famer for Kirk Cousins a rookie who has played 1 NFL game wow that would be the worst trade in NFL history. Why because a player is great on this team does it mean we must trade him??? We are the Mets of the football world

15. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Anyone catch benigo today, good show, around 4? Had a reporter on saying jets locker room today was like a party. Nobody cared bout being knocked out of playoffs, radio's blasting people clowning.

Also he said he couldn't understand what Rex is doing and as crazy as it sounds it seems like "he is trying to get fired"

I've been sayin this...

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

They were probably happy Sanchez was benched and may be traded. I know I would be popping bottle of champagne myself, especially if I was on defense.

17. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

best benigno happening was when bernard from imus called his overnite show back when as "antoine from the bronx". laugh out loud funny. i don't think he's lived it down to this day! if anyone can find the audio and post it it's worth it-even the shortened version they played to advertise imus's show is hilarious if u find that

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2 typical Jet whiners, I wonder what they had to say?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bad drafting over a period of years caught up to the Jets when the vet free agents dropped out. It's really that simple.

The Jets draft strategy just does not work long term unless they get very lucky. If they avoid injuries for the most part, which is what happened in 2008/2009/2010 then the fact that they are shallow with a lot of value concentrated in a few players doesn't hurt them.

As soon as they get average injuries they are plugging in UDFA's and guys who would have been cuts elsewhere but made the Jets since there aren't a lot of drafted rookies fighting for a job each camp.

They haven't seen the 2005 scenario under Tannenbaum yet but they'd have collapsed into a fetal curl this year if Mangold and D'Brick went down.

It's just a bad risk-taking strategy on their part and god help them when their young QB blows up in their face because then they're shallow with lots of holes to fill AND they also need to find the most important piece of the puzzle.

20. portfolio1

portfolio1 New Member

THey do not have enough trust in the running game because there is little trust in one half of the O line and there is no solid blocking TE. Add those (while keeping Keller for his pass catching and as a second blocking TE rather than a first blocking TE) and you will improve the quality and trust one can place in the running game.

None of these elements is about the QB.