Bengals/Sam Adams Agree

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EcKo151, Mar 30, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Bengals | Team reaches agreement in principle with S. Adams
    Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:09:04 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Cincinnati Bengals have reached an agreement in principle with free agent DT Sam Adams (Bills) on an undisclosed contract. Financial details of the contract were not yet available, but sources said Adams can make about $4 million in 2006 if he reaches certain playing time and performance levels. The deal will likely not be signed until the weekend. There are still some details to be completed and it is believed the Bengals want Adams to take a physical exam before the deal is officially executed.

2. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

am glad we didn't get that fat bastard. I mean 4 mil instead of the 600k we are giving pope. that's a no brainer, grant it pope is no adams but adams is no adams. He's on the decline. Cincy is paying for the name more then they are for the production. I mean this should tell you everything " sources said Adams can make about $4 million in 2006 IF he reaches certain playing time and performance levels "

3. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

I actually disagree. I wanted him for the 3-4. I think he's the best of the "fat guys." I think Grady Jackson may still be available though.

4. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

Battle of the "Fat guys." There are a ton of DT's in the draft that can just clog up space that I wouldn't be upset if the Jets got. Montavious Stanley out of Louisville and Domata Peko out of Michigan State come to mind.