Belmont Stakes

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by CBG, Jun 5, 2017.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok kids,,,I was close for the Derby I was more wrong than Darron Lee at the Governors Ball when it came to Churchill, let's get the Belmont correct if we can.
    Thoughts and predictions kids ?

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Disappointed that the Derby and Preakness winners will sit it out. I've been high on Lookin' at Lee all along because of his big finish ability from the back of the field; maybe he can do it and use the extra distance to take the win. Need to see the full field Wednesday to find the sleepers for the Tri and Super.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Days away---but right now gun to my head Im going with 4 -8 -9 thats J Boys Echo ,Meantime , Senior Investment ,,,,,,,thoughts ?

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FJF keep an eye as the race gets closer,,,,chance of a morning shower tomorrow and then another shot at late afternoon showers,,,,hmmmmm?
    Im going with Meantime, Senior Investment , and J Boys Echo 4 - 8 - 9

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have looked at this many times and have been trying to pick a horse to round out my Superfecta,,,,,I'm going with 4-8-9 and I will throw Looking At Lee in my super,,,,good luck all

6. Ralebird

1. Lookin at Lee
    2. Senior Investment
    3. Irish War Cry
    4. J Boys Echo

Also threw a few bucks into Twisted Tom, Meantime and Multiplier to flesh out some Superfectas on the cheap.

7. Ralebird

Good luck to all. Today should be a perfect day out there, beautiful weather and reasonable crowds, I wish I didn't have other things to do. Probably not a great day to get rich though.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Irish War Cry, Senior Investment, Epicharis

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Waterboy,,,,everything Im reading / and hearing suggest that Epicharis won't run today .

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Damn, he was still on when I checked early this morning but seeing he is scratched now. Good thing I didn't make my call yet.

Guess it's a Irish War Cry/Senior Investment Ex Bx and probably a $1 tri-wheel those 2 with Tapwrit, Gormley, Looking at Lee in the show. I'm not really that high on Senior but thinking being next to Irish may help, that and I hate betting all favorites.

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Seems like THE guys posting here are close to agreement but the so called experts are not with us and THAT I LIKE ! I saw that Hank Goldberg who is usually good at this stuff picked the exact same way as me, I hope we dont "MUSH " each other ----->LOL
    I am off to OTB shortly,,,,,anyone have anything on these earlier races , I might place a wager while there ?

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Post time....good luck all,,,ps Mike Smith raced seven times today he won 5 came in 3rd on another and did not come in on a long shot-----keep an eye on Meantime!

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

this was almost as bad as the Preakness for me,,,,,,,I never got a sniff I was not even close,,,congrats to anyone who won but as for me this sucked a$$

14. Ralebird

Looks like as football fans we don't know shit about horses. Waterboy was the only one to name Tapwrit even as a filler. My account is empty so I'm probably done until next May unless I get teased into some Breeders Cup play. On the bright side nobody sniffed at Hollywood who got the ride back to the barn.