Belichick pours salt on the Chiefs wounds

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Jan 23, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable to me that KC wasn't prepared for Belichick trying to take away something and that Mahomes didn't spread the ball around. Where was Kelce? Watkins?

Despite how poorly the Chiefs played they still had soooooooo many missed oportunities to win the game.

Reminded me of when the Pats beat the 2006 Chargers a far superior team.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-covering-tyreek-hill-as-key-to-patriots-win/

Woodhead likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Your surprised that they double covered one of the most explosive players in football?

stinkyB, Woodhead, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yep, I knew he was going to take away Tyeek Hill, but I expected Watkins and Kelce to have huge games.

4. WarriorRB28

Andy Reid was caught by surprise yes I don't doubt that.

As for myself I don't get into gameplan specific stuff Xs & Os this team has to take that guy away or they have no shot to win stuff.

I was surprised by how unprepared the Chiefs were when the Pats took away one of their main weapons. Belichick pulled out one of their cards their entire deck of cards fell apart. I was under the impression that the Chiefs had this all-world offense with a arsenal of dangerous weapons.

I was surprised by the Chiefs lack of a running game.

I was surprised by the Chiefs inability to consistantly mount drives against the Pats D even when they started scoring in the second half it was with big plays not methodical chain moving drives that would wear down the Pats D & keep Brady off the field.

I came away from the game thinking the Chiefs have a very one dimensional, big play reliant offense.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When the Chiefs cut Hunt they cut their running game and a back who knew how to pick up a blitz and take a screen pass in traffic and make a D pay for losing containment. The Pats D was able to push the pile up the middle and take away the downfield game in the first half.

I do believe cutting Hunt cost Reid a chance to go to a SB. He also failed to use a timeout on D on 3rd and 10 twice in OT when his D was completely gassed. The Chiefs aren't one dimensional they Pats made them one dimensional.

6. WarriorRB28

My brother was telling me the same thing during the game.

Yeah but they were home at home the home team is supposed to dictate how the game goes.

And yet despite how poorly they played they still could've/should've won the game. That game will haunt them for years.

Just a mind boggling choke job on so many levels.

7. NY2k1

NY2k1 New Member

I do think KC wins this game if they had Kareem Hunt.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Agreed. If anything the Chiefs would've scored fewer points with him, but they'd have possessed the ball much longer. And that would've made the difference.