BCS National Championship 2014 Game Thread: Florida State vs Auburn

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Jan 6, 2014.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Benjamin is a big body receiver -- guy had a huge game

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Incredible game, good for FSU closing out the season. Even with the loss, impressive for Auburn after struggling last year

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

had FSU lost, it would've been marred by that horrible missed call

blatant horsecollar

4. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Auburn just ran out of late game magic. Miracle season for them and good to see FSU finish the deal and stay #1.

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Some horrible play calling by Auburn in the second half.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

FSU baby!!!! Shits going crazy here in Tally!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the emphasis on calling defensive penalties opens up passing games, combined with the likelihood that defenders are going to be more tired at the end of the game than the beginning, results in the little extra space for receivers that creates enough for offenses to have a huge advantage late in games over defenders that are back pedaling.

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

It was a facemask too!

Despite that, it didn't make much difference, and maybe gets them one more snap. They would've been about 12 yards closer, but they still get the Delay penalty and have to get it in the end zone.

I thought the Unsportsmanlike call after the FSU TD was BS, and should've been made up when Mason spiked the ball after scoring his TD. Calls seemed to favor Auburn in the second half.

And could ESPN, with its fledging SEC Network on the way, be any more biased in calling the game? Holy crap it was bad.

And Jameis's postgame interviews were gold - "And those men looked me in my eye and said 'We got this Jameis.' I said, 'Are you strong?' They said, ‘I'm strong if you strong.’ I said, 'We strong then.'"

9. JetBlue

Am I listening to English?
    --Mama Mccarron.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I thought I saw that too and thought to myself that the tackler hit the rare combo, but I wanted to see another replay to be sure he had the facemask.

The facemask could've been missed. The horsecollar couldn't because it was basically the defender's only way of bringing him down (I guess he could've tried diving at the legs and hoping the runner tripped).

Inexcusable missed call.

Musberger is a regular gambler and he had Auburn last night. His announcing tends to be biased depending on what he bet on.

Herbstreit referenced the point spread too so maybe he had bets on the game as well.

re: Winston's interview

I think everyone had the same reaction. That was terrible.

[YOUTUBE]ZiJ4-ZFcRPA[/YOUTUBE]

11. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Should have been a face mask as well!!!! GO NOLES!!!!!!!!!!

12. JetBlue

the kid just experienced a level of excitement and accomplishment that most people could never even dream to come close to. he's excited.

so what if he says "we strong" instead of "we are strong," because that is the only thing to criticize him for.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

For the first time I agree with JetBlue. This story is beyond silly and the only reason it's all over is because a mother from the other team tweeted her saltiness.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Not the other team - it was A.J. McCarron's mother who tweeted it, because she is still pissed off that Winston won the Heisman instead of her son. The fact that she has 22,000 followers on Twitter is what I find even more ludicrous than her ridiculous tweet.

McCarron's girlfriend favorited another ridiculous tweet about Winston's grammar and then claimed that she did it accidentally. I'm sure everyone thinks that that is true.

It really is a shame that more people don't follow the old adage, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt."