Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

OK it was LF9 you quoted but still same thing stands
    [​IMG]
    Which again, why would you only target the people bashing him, if it was just you tired of hearing from him, you never quoted someone praising mayfield despite their being a whole thread wishing him sucess on the browns, which that poster didn't even make a thread wishing darnold success and he's a jet. the guy who liked your post however, was the one that quoted me being pissed about me bashing mayfield. your both doing the same thing, just to 2 different posters and not doing it to anyone praising a browns QB which is hilarious.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

No it is annoying not hilarious, actually boring maybe better but like I have continually said to you, it is so because all you type and in every Mayfield thread is he is going to be a bust, how many times did you need to say it ? we got you after your very first lengthy post dissecting his game tape, you didn't need to go on and on, can you not see that difference ?

When the guy that started the praise Mayfield thread does it again and again and again I will say something then, now do you see the difference ?

Hilarious indeed.

westiedog1 likes this.
  3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I just want to say, Josh Gordan might be the dumbest NFL player I have ever seen in my entire existence of being a NYJ and football fan.

Fucking, literally speaking..

NFL players take 1, ONE, UNO, drug tests a year. The same time frame, every, year..

How stupid does one individual have to be to get caught that many fucking times, every year?

Like, bro, you know when it's happening and you still get caught? The fuck?

Fucking Browns man.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ok I have to admit that I'm a bit late to this parade...

But you accused westie of something that he did to you, then you admitted he didn't do it to you, but someone else, then you provide a screencap of him not actually doing it to that someone else.

How dumb?

Very dumb.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Dumb thread is dumb.

As entertaining as it would be to have Mayfield (IMHO) we got the better QB in Darnold.

I loved both of these guys (Rosen to a lesser extent), never in my wildest dreams did I think Darnold would be available at 3 so I was setting myself up for Mayfield. Was stunned when we got Sam

And since I don’t hate the Browns and I love the NFL (other than the Pats, Fins and Giants), I’m hoping he has a very successful career. I think he’s a damn good football player and QB.

Just not as good as Darnold and hopefully not as successful.

101GangGreen101, CotcheryFan and K'OB like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

it's literally a thread about mayfield and you are complaining about someone talking about mayfield, in a thread about mayfield. Come on man. It's not like I made the thread. If you don't like it, ignorme me, ignore posts about mayfield do what pleases you, but whining about someone's opinion on a forum is a joke

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Your comment is disingenuous, you know fine well what I am talking about, we have been talking about it for weeks now, I was leaving it be but you manage to squeeze a mention of me back in to your other reply.

Problem laid out in simple terms, I got sick of reading you spout shite about Mayfield in every single QB thread, not just this one, every single one, it got boring reading you shout bust to every single poster who dared disagree with you on him and that is it, you know this, I have said as much in this thread, my whining about your whining is the height of irony but hopefully it will make you stfu about him busting eventually.

8. GasedAndConfused

I said

so all I did was point out i mixed the 2 of you up as you quoted me pissed about it (and still are for that matter) and westie was doing it to LF9

get over it, it's a public forum, if someone's opinion pisses you off, then you don't belong on the internet. There is an ignore feature, use it. I mean you were the one that bragged about "SGB probably has me on ignore and I don't blame him" essentially thinking it's funny that you were harassing me (and still are) so i added you on ignore. The thing is, I don't really care what you think or how you amuse yourself by trolling so i'm not putting you or anyone else on ignore. I can filter things out myself i want to ignore in my head and don't need a button for it, but clearly you do.

I haven't whined about anything. I'm happy as can be. The jets got darnold and didn't draft bust baker. I have nothing to whine about at all. I also didn't bring you into anything, i didn't quote you, you read it and felt the need to reply because you can't help yourself.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

10. GasedAndConfused

Baker Mayfield pulled a barney stinson on the browns. they are sure gonna be upset when they wake up the next morning and he isn't there in bed with him and they find out he isn't an astronaut

NJJets20 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

NFL Players tale one drug test at the start of the year, begin on 4/20.
    The league also conducts random testing all season. Every week, 10 "random" players are selected per team for blood testing for drugs, hgh and PEDs.(marijuana is on the banned list of PEDs) A player may be selected up to 6 times for random testing.
    Players who test positive for marijuana are entered into a more rigorous testing protocol. Their teams are not even made aware of. If a player fails a test while in stage one, he gets a suspension and then is subject to testing of up to 10 test per month.
    The one test a year is a very common misconception.

12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Mayfield was #1 on the Jets board too. Belichick liked him so much he tried trading up to #2 and jump the Jets, thinking Darnold would go #1.

We’ll see how it pans out, but the Browns weren’t the only ones who wanted Baker.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

not a single credible report has said that.
    that was according to bakers agent. Which if it those were true, no way baker would have said he wasn't going later then 5 if he already knew 2 of the top 3 teams and one team willing to trade up to 2 all had him.

Bakers agent is a wizard, but he's also just an agent pumping up his client

smoke screens at it's finest

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

You might be right but to what purpose would creating a smokescreen after the fact have. His guy went number one and that's all the justification he needs. Doesn't make any sense.

15. GasedAndConfused

marketing. now it's about building the "baker mayfield" brand. getting him attention, popularity, and sponsorship. agents make a % of everything the player makes. The more money he makes baker, the more money he makes himself. If he can go market him to nike or Adidas or whatever he can land him a ton of money. more then he'd get on his rookie deal. it's like lebron james when he came into the NBA he wans't making anything, but nike was paying him massive amounts of money due to his popularity. It's his agents job to make him as much money as possible and strike while the iron's hot. Not to mention doing it in Cleveland for the browns is much harder then a NY market

HomeoftheJets and NY Jets68 like this.
  16. JohnnyJet1222

JohnnyJet1222 Active Member

Makes sense that he wants to make the Mayfield brand but I just don't se why stating the Patriots wanted him helps to that end. I think he should hope that he starts and wins games. that will help his brand. I remember when Sanchez was winning games he was making commercials with Eli. Don't see too many of those now. Success brings more opportunities. I grew up with a guy who became a football agent and I saw how he marketed his guys.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Not a single credible report didn’t.

Nobody knows what our draft board looked like.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Surprised me that Ryan Clady was in this segment as well.

They seem to paint an entirely different picture on how strict the NFL really is with weed. Worth a watch I think.

All these guys were NFL vets, who currently smoke and smoked throughout their entire NFL career. All of them indicated that there was only one test given and everyone knew the time line of said test. After the test, it was on to smoke and toke town immediately afterwards.

I think I'll take their word for it.

#78 IIMeanDeanII, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  19. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

What are you talking about “credible” source? Dude it was everywhere. The Jets were ready to pick Mayfield. If you are disputing that, then you weren’t paying attention.

Yeah the Pats story started with Mayfields agent, but Gettleman basically corroborated it on WFAN. Although he wouldn’t name the team. The Broncos wanted Mayfield also.

I’m not saying Darnold wasn’t a good pick, but he wasn’t the Jets first choice.

20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Testing changed in 2015.
    It's far from strict but once your pooped, it's a whole different scenario.
    It's still not as bad as this...