Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Going to be 29 next week.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I once saw a QB hit a wide open receiver. Obviously the QB is not good.

4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

What the hell, perfect time to boot this thing up

Was that Luke Falk starting for Cleveland today?

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He was 8 for 22 last night. Give him a break!

LOL

I'm sure OBJ and a Landry are loving this move

13ktownguy13 likes this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Moron worrying about Daniel Jones, meanwhile he stinks

NYJFOREVER and dawinner127 like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He looked absolutely horrible last night.

My wife was asking me why Bosa was dancing after a sack of Baker by waving the flag and then air spiking it into the ground. Tried explaining to her how Mayfield did that in college when he beat OSU in OSU. I wake up to this tweet and I almost spit my coffee out in laughter.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I do think Baker will turn it around, he's struggling with a bad offensive line and a coach that's way out of his depth, but that doesn't absolve him of all he blame. He's consistently going for the big play instead of taking the 5-7 yards the defense gives him.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Once he fixes his brain he'll be fine. He has all the tools, he just has to remember where he left his tool belt.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

If only someone here totally called this while others were sucking him off before the draft and after 1 half of his 1st game. Now with teams having film on him he's weaknesses are being exploited. he's a 1 read system QB with limited talent. (at least rex spoke up about it too recently now)
    5 games into the season (and mind you with 2 pro bowl WRs to throw to)

baker has a 55.9 % completion percentage which is the worst in the NFL outside the dumpster fire that is miami and the half game haskins played. (what happened to how super accurate he is lol)

Baker leads the NFL in INTs (8) and is on pace for 25-26INTs on the season he's also gotten pretty lucky with a few more dropped he should be over 10 already

He has a 68.5 QB rating

he has thrown double the INTs then TDs

His stat line against the niners last night 8/22 100 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs and 2 fumbles (1 lost) Luke falks stat line from this weekend who we all agree is garbage 15/26 120 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs 2 fumbles. damn near the same

His 9 total turnovers leads the NFL

When throwing the ball 31+ yards he has a 26.5 QB rating 0TDs and 4 INTs

In the red zone he has a 44.4 QB rating he's 6 of 24 (25%) 2 INTs

His QB rating with a lead is 77.6 his QB rating when trailing is 49.4

His 4th quarter QB rating is 26.1 worse off his 4th quarter QB rating when the game is close is 18.0

his TQBR is 33.4 that is 3rd worse in the NFL behind cam newton and luke falk

In short, baker is being exposed for what he is and why I didn't want him on the jets

Freddy Mondo and ouchy like this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's the head coach.

#431 Biggs, Oct 8, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Baker looked like he'd given up by the 4th quarter. Didn't even complain when they benched him. Falk was sacked 10 times but never looked like he'd given up.

13. GasedAndConfused

lol yeah the head coach can't read a defense

yup. bosa shit all over him and basically took all the fight out of him and was joking about it in interviews.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But be careful your own giddiness doesn't come back to bite you on your own arse before the end of the season, I think you should have kept your powder dry until the season end and then come out swinging if he as regressed as badly as those stats suggest.

Any come back in future games will only illicit fans dragging the thread back up, again and again, calling you out and nobody wants to go back to that summer again.

15. GasedAndConfused

No giddyness here. I couldn't care less how he does as long as he sucks vs the jets when we play him. He'll I'll root for him when he plays NE because i hate them. Was just making the point since i was harassed endlessly by a few baker fans here who have been awfully quiet. he may bounce back next year but this year he has been awful so far. If sam was playing that bad with 2 pro bowl WRs to throw to every fan here would be shitting on him.

Freddy Mondo and alleycat9 like this.
  16. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

So you're saying hes playing worse because his offensive line is bad? Someone find Macagnan to tell him this!

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That's part of it.

Kitchens refuses to call plays with routes run less than 10 yards. The comeback Baker led the comeback against us last year was because Bowles refused to press and let them run quick hitting, rhythm plays all day. Baker also refuses to take any easy play when Kitchens actually calls them.

Plus, the Browns were overhyped to the moon this year. They only beat 1 team over .500 last year

18. GasedAndConfused

baker (66) and lamaar jackson (67) have pretty much the same amount of pressures faced. jacksons QB rating under pressure is 99.0 bakers QB rating under pressure is 22.3

also here are the amount of turnovers in their last 5 starts for the 2018 1st round QB draft class

Darnold 2
    Jackson 7
    Rosen 7
    Mayfield 11
    Allen 12

stinkyB likes this.
  19. Hes not good w a dirty windshield or under pressure,period. Can you build a team to compensate for that? Absolutely.But sooner or later a QB is gonna face pressure no matter how good the OL is..he’ll have his work cut out for him to fix this.And it wont be his athleticism.He’ll need to be flawless in identifying blitzes pre snap,calling & then executing the proper hot read. Havent seen it yet

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

exactly. he's a system QB that can suceed in the right system with the players around him. but he's not the aaron rodgers type who will succeed in any system under any circumstance. it's fine to take a QB later with those limitations depending where the cards fall but not the type of QB i'd top top 3 or 1st overall which was my main point during that draft. it's not that he sucks. it's just that he's limited in a way sam isn't. sam has rodgers like potential and skill set. mayfield doens't. mayfield as a prospect reminds me of daniel jones. if the 1st read is open he'll complete the throw no issue but when pressured or when having to scan the field or buy time and make something happen he simply isn't good.

Freddy Mondo likes this.