Bad game plan, many penalties, no adjustments, no discipline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 12, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I want Bowles gone as much as the next guy but this team is thin on talent and depth at some positions is practically non-existent. With all the posts I have seen about the game and why we lost no one is talking about the missing cog in the wheel. For all the crap he gets, Matt Forte is a stud and has been moving the chains for this offense with little or no help from his offensive line. Without him the Browns would give us a run for our money.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Penalties were tough to swallow, but the game was sorely on Morton and his horrific play-calling. The defense came to play. Bowles gotta do something about Skrine though.

I think there was only 1 mention of Morton in this entire thread?

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Here's something that screamed out at me while watching the game. The Jets activated JoJo Natson to return kicks and punts, It was his first game as a pro, so you would've expected his coach to have taken a bit of extra time to just talk a few things through, to prepare him so that he was ready.

After the Bucs scored their TD, there was 6:05 left in the fourth quarter, with the Jets needing two scores. Natson took the kickoff five yards in the end zone and could've taken a knee, putting the ball at the 25 with 6:05 still on the clock and all three timeouts. Instead, he opted to bring it out and was stopped at the 10. The Jets then ran six plays, including taking two sacks, to end up at the 25-yard line, with 3:45 on the clock, having burned a timeout and facing a 4th and 16.

Now why didn't someone take Natson to one side before the kickoff and say, 'if it's in the end zone, just take a knee'? Okay, if he goes 105 yards for a score he's a hero, but the smart thing to do with the kick five yards deep was to take a knee and preserve time. That just looks like shoddy coaching to me.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The history of the NFL, and coaching changes which have resulted to immediate improvement of a team, kind of refutes this argument.

hornblower and grkmanga31 like this.
  5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

If they have a QB?

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How do you account underachieving teams with good QB’s which continue to underachieve with a coaching change if QB’s are all that matter? Phillip Rivers would like to know.

7. tubby

tubby Active Member

Too many dropped passes and offensive penalties early in the game which killed drives. Really wish the Jets didn't run on first down every play and took more shots downfield.

FJF likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's funny, i expected a lot of i cna't believe we lost, but i had a feeling from the get go, we'd find a way to blow the 1st game we were supposed to win and in typical jets fashion we responded with a giant turd of a performance

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

not only are your points right on the money, but the irony is that bowles was the arizona dc in a game where stubborn rex ryan pulled sanchez from a game and inseted the backup, greg mcelroy. the jets won that game. yet, bowles stuck witha 38 yr old guy in a game where he got no td's put on the board until garbage time. lack of in-game adjustments applies to the head coach whether it is the qb or the o-line.

ColoradoContrails likes this.