Bad Break: Herm Gets His Bye In Week 3

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 227. Row 5, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

With the new schedule, the Kansas City Chiefs have their Bye in Week 3. This means they play only 2 games before the Bye and 14 games after the Bye. That's pretty grueling. As inevitable injuries occur during the season there'll be no down time for players to get healthy.

I can just hear Herm's whining on this. He's probably already amassing excuses. Along about Week 11, expect him to mention the schedule and their early Bye as one of the reasons they're 4-7. Hahahahaha... Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

When he coached here we had a lot of early bye weeks as well except for last year.

3. e-x

e-x New Member

i would say it's nice to have it early because you can make changes if you struggle early

but herm doesn't really make changes, he just hopes for the best

4. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa... how true! If you ask me, Herm's entire tenure here was one, huge Bye!

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

It might actually be beneficial for the Chiefs to get this bye early. After the grueling TC it will be a nice break that should have them fresh again.

6. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

OH you mean CAMP HAPPY HERM, Yeah I quess the team will need an early bye since his camps are so crueling ----- NOT.

7. Section 227. Row 5

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaaa......!!!! LMFAO! Thanks 3rd, I needed that this morning! Toooo funny.....

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

:rofl2:

I can hear the grumbling all the way over here in Jersey. "This Herm fella is one tough SOB man!!....can you pass me my margarita please?"

9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

"No not that margarita...it too heavy...wouldn't want a work out"

10. Section 227. Row 5

Those Kansas City summers get pretty hot out there in those corn fields. I remember Herm walking around camp last summer with a long-sleeve sweatshirt on. He had that same long-sleeve shirt on every single day, even when the thermometer on my Tahoe read 102 degrees one afternoon. Wonder if he'll do that again this year.

Of course, you can't move around much in 106 degree-heat in long sleeves, but maybe that was the point. Herm could be seen barely moving around. And as might be expected, everyone took the lead and followed suit, including the players and coaches. Heimerdinger was the worst. He'd fold his arms over his fat belly and support his chin with one hand, as if deep in thought. But then, every several minutes, he'd give himself away by checking his watch to see how far away from lunch they were. This way he and DeWayne Roberston could race one another to the chow line and fight over helpings of fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

The whole thing was a farce. They'd start late and quit early. The only coach that was worth a shit was Mike Westfoff, who was out there early and stayed late and really worked the special teams. I blame that soft camp on a lot of things last year, including the complete debacle at Arrowhead on opening day and the subsequent injuries. "Unprepared" can't even come close to describing out team.

11. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

As a Jets fan, why should I care about this?

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

As someone that doesn't care about this, why should you post in this thread?

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

:lol: Or even open it...

As a joke I was going to post "Move On Fella's" - I love when people tell other people what to post...

14. e-x

e-x New Member

i heard herm used to be the coach of the jets or something

15. nicolab

nicolab Member

oh thats what he was supposed to be - been trying to work it out for ages:lol:

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Maybe the league set this up on purpose. They heard Herm looked at the roster and said "Oh crap, I have work to do here!" and gave him a schedule built for excuses.

17. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

He'll say, "It's like when ya start a long distance race and you take a break too early, then you realise that you've still got a long way to go. Only in this race, we didn't get to choose when the break was. But we ain't gonna stop now, we just gonna keep on runnin' the race, cuz there ain't no taxi cabs you can jump in to get ahead in this race, you gotta take every step yourself, and that's what we're gonna do."

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

GREAT!!!

A little short for Herm but, still great... Herm would have taken 35 minutes to say that.

19. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Camp Happy Herm! Ah ha ha ha ha! :rofl:

20. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I guess I just have a dream that one day people will put posts in their proper forums, and this place will be readable once again.