Avengers Infinity War Thread - Hype is real!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Mar 17, 2018.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

My only problem with that, and I also want it, is that if he does it fighting Thanos, he is still probably going to lose. Fuck that noise. if he gets to wild Mjolnir, i want to see him kick ass, not lose anyway.

This year has been such a long wait and rewatching Ragnorak and Infinity War has not been enough.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There are going to be repercussions to the decisions the Avengers make, no doubt in my mind Cap will die wielding Mjolnir like a boss. I might cry during that scene man. He will probably get some good hits on Thanos, but it won't be enough ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:(

NYJFOREVER and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We have all these amazing characters in the MCU, but I am hoping for a moment where it is just the original Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye) together doing something. Maybe do a 360 camera shot like in the original Avengers movie. That would be epic. I am sure they had to think of that idea especially since they all survived the snap.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

Yup, the originals will have their last dance before they move on to the next generation ...

5. phubbadaman

That looks like some fan made shit. Some of those are not from the comic.[​IMG]

6. 101GangGreen101

7. phubbadaman

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pretty clear to me, that Captain America is dying permanently, the only other question, who else goes down with him? Iron Man?

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

10. 101GangGreen101

Yup with ease, and one of the Black Order members beats the life out of spiderman ... Black Order was actually de-powered during infinity war

11. phubbadaman

I just checked book and i misremembered. He does will himself back to full power

12. The Dark Knight

Cool poster. We know Chris Evans is done after End Game, so it makes sense that Cap would die. It would be the best thing for his character. He is a super soldier. This is what he does. It wouldn't make much sense to just tell everyone he is going to retire and just hang out and vacation for the rest of his life. Tony, on the other hand, would make sense to announce he is retiring and settling down with Pepper. Maybe the writers realize that and will change it up. We will see! Only a month away.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. phubbadaman

My hope is Cap doesn't die but either 1) loses his powers or 2) pulls an Adam Warlock and disappears with the Gauntlet.

#173 phubbadaman, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  14. The Dark Knight

I like that! Would be pretty cool.

15. phubbadaman

One last short trailer was released, which isn't a spoiler in and of itself, but it kinda sorta has some in it. Tickets are on sale, so hopefully everyone got them!

I got my 9am time on Saturday. Going with the family and a buddy and his son. Really looking forward to it.

16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

By far the best trailer, not much spoilers in it. It does a good job setting up the mood.

I think we are heading toward Iron Mans vision in Age of Ultron, which was that they all get killed and Thanos defeats the Avengers. Obviously someone saves them all but most people in the theater will have no idea and might be shocked to find that Thanos wins the fight.

17. phubbadaman

I've watched the 3 major trailers for Endgame. I'm trying to avoid everything about it for the next 3 weeks.

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It would be such a fitting end to Cap's story if he were to sacrifice himself to save the Avengers. I have a bunch of theories in my head about how the movie plays out and how Cap goes down.

19. The Dark Knight

Let's hear your theories!

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

My main theory is that the movie plays out something like this. Remaining Avengers rally and go fight Thanos, thinking they have a legitimate chance now given the fact that Thor put an axe in Thanos and Captain Marvel is a WMD. They either win and realize the Gauntlet is completely fried, or they get stomped and Cap gives his life to allow the remaining Avengers to escape. He may or may not die here depending on how it plays out. Then some form of time travel madness happens with the help of Ant-Man and time vortexes in the Quantum Realm. They either try to go back and retrieve each stone and reverse the snap with their own version of the Gauntlet, or go back to Wakanda and try to have a united front against Thanos there. My money is on the former. When the Avengers start to retrieve the stones and return to present day, the stones vanish from Thanos's Gauntlet because each stone can only exist at one point in time, there cannot be two at once. Thanos goes full mad titan and attacks the Avengers on earth in a final battle where Cap holds him off just long enough for one of the Avengers to (money is on Tony here) to reverse snap and then finish Thanos.

Royal Tee and The Dark Knight like this.