Avengers Infinity War Thread - Hype is real!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Mar 17, 2018.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Going to see Captain Marvel Saturday. Then its all aboard the hype train to April 26.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Going Friday night, can't wait for this and the post credit scene hyping up Endgame.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Me too! Can't wait. Time to fire up the hype machine. Just stay away from Reddit ...

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hope it is good, but I am with you. This is just part of the path that leads us to END GAME.

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Guy in the Post killed it yesterday.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/05/captain-marvel-is-an-aimless-superhero-slog/

What’s said to be Marvel’s most powerful superhero ever is served Melatonin by Larson. There is precious little texture or detail, ups and downs, or emotions of any kind in her performance. The character, even when kicking ass, is a total bore. The film’s best moments are provided by Jackson and a hilarious cat.

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Captain Marvel.
    Wonder how much of a Kree Skrull war backdrop it has.

8. BacktoQueens

In the article he described Black Panther as Marvel "plundering the vault for lesser known creations".
    What a completely douchey way to describe that character, or the success of the movie.

The rest of the article was reading the same way - as a guy not interested or knowledgeable about the characters, but would like to complain about the movies anyway.
    Sounds like a hack. I couldn't read the whole way through.

9. Rollo Tomassi

I'm not defending the dude, it was just the first review I saw of the movie.

Gotta be honest, from the commercials and the trailers she looks kind of boring/emotionless. Gorgeous woman but I'm not getting the superhero vibe.

To be fair, I thought Infinity Wars was an overbloated mess and I didn't get all the hype about Black Panther.

Ironman is still my favorite of all the Marvel movies.

10. Rollo Tomassi

Btw nice avatar.

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Ha. I don't have an account on reddit, but I browse it through the app. I will definitely be staying away from all that stuff. My wife enjoys spoilers, I do not.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

- Infinity War is a collection of the previous Marvel Movies, if you didn't see all of the Marvel movies (Guardians, etc) then yeah its going to be an over-bloated mess
    - Black Panther had amazing visuals, pretty good story, felt the battles especially in the 3rd act lacked, but its a good movie, I cant wait for them to use other BP villains.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  13. BacktoQueens

I remember when Downey was cast for Iron man, thinking it was another ridiculous attempt at plugging a celebrity into a Super Hero role - like the old Batman movies.
    Instead he ended up defining the character in a way I don't think anyone else could have.
    Great actor and character.

Black Panther was incredibly well done imo.
    Gotta agree on Infinity Wars being a little bloated, and I didn't like how they minimized everyone's powers even against henchmen.

Who knows about Captain Marvel, but I do know that article was shite.
    Marvel has been doing an incredible job with these movies, so I'm willing to give them benefit of the doubt.
    Been meaning to mix up the avatar, as Shepard hasn't been avatar worthy :oops:
    Not sure if I'll keep this, but I'm going to miss those uniforms.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

yeah just warning ya because I think I may have saw a huge spoiler, and I can't seem to forget about it :(

15. 101GangGreen101

could've changed the avatar after Thanos gets his ass kicked! but the Canadian Thanos, a disappointment his rookie year ...

BacktoQueens likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

I saw all (or most) of the movies leading up to Infinity War and I felt they got more and more bloated as they progressed.

I just thought that by the time they mashed all odd-dozen universes together it was too much.

I honestly was expecting Captain Kirk and Spock to show up at the end.

17. 101GangGreen101

That's how the comics are though, tons of characters trying to take on Thanos and ultimately losing. The beauty of comics though is that, there is so much more that can be covered. Meanwhile for MCU, there are only so many movies that can cover so much ground. I think they've done the best they can do with it though.

phubbadaman likes this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Yeah I get that--I never read the comics after they all got together and I'd never heard of Thanos before the movies.

When I was reading comics most of the heroes stayed in their own universe. Ironman Fantastic 4 Thor Ironman Captain America--all pretty much solo.

I think the only crossover I read when I was a kid was maybe Spiderman and Hulk.

So this whole mashup is lost on my. Never read the Black Panther so the movie held no special place in my viewership.

And I had no idea Guardians of the Galaxy was a comic--the movie--which was great--was the first I ever heard of them.

It's like all these newer superheroes are Trumaine Johnson to me.

19. 101GangGreen101

If you ever have time, I would highly recommend reading the comic book versions of Infinity War called "Thanos Quest" --- him getting the gems along with "THE INFINITY GAUNTLET" --- him after the gems.

Gets pretty gruesome. Especially for Spider-man. It's good reading no matter how old you are.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I won't be seeing Capt Marvel; looks terrible and the actress is a POS. Fortunately it supposedly doesn't have any connection to End Game that you'd need to see ahead of it, and the end credit scene is apparently just a scene from End Game. There are also reports that Marvel prepared two versions of End Game based on how well Capt. Marvel does -- one with her prominently and one without.