Avengers Infinity War Thread - Hype is real!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He was the ultimate Super Villain! Loved the guy! Not gonna go too much further as I hate spoilers but Thanos did dominate. It would be an interesting battle between Thanos and Galactus. I did notice the absence of the Fantastic Four. Looks like Marvel has abandoned that franchise completely.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Marvel doesn't have the rights yet for Fantastic Four...Next year is when the Fox deal finalizes. So the new phase 4 of Marvel will probably resurrect the Fantastic Four

3. Cman68

Hopefully with better actors and writers than the last rendition which IMO sucked.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Avengers 4 comes out next year, it will mark the end for more characters more than likely.

Thanos, easily the best comic book movie villain ever IMO.

5. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

The Marvel supervillians have been on point so far I think. They've put in the effort to give them motivations beyond just being evil, which gives them much needed depth. You can see how Thanos ended up thinking the way he does. Both him and Loki are up there for me.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Wife and I went tonight. So fantastic. They are crushing this story.

phubbadaman likes this.
  7. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Got tickets to see it with the whole family on Thursday. I'm just as excited to see it a second time as I was seeing it the first time. While I get that this isn't the greatest movie in the history of movies, I thought for a Marvel movie, it was perfect. I'm so confused by those who didn't like it.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you being for real? Aside from Loki, Kilgrave on Jessica Jones, and I'm assuming Thanos, Marvel super villains have sucked a fat stem.

9. 101GangGreen101

how dare you forget Kingpin.

But Marvel has done better as of late. Vulture, Killmonger, and Hela to name 3 others.

Cidusii likes this.
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

That final battle scene had my heart racing for the entire sequence, no movie or TV show has ever had me like that. They NAILED it with Thanos, and the post-credit scene hints at some pretty cool stuff that's gonna happen in between IW and A4. Excited to see where this takes us.

11. Cidusii

I've personally enjoyed the villains that 101GangGreen101 just mentioned. Hela was more of your archetypal bad guy, but I feel they defined her motivations well enough.

Kingpin and Cottonmouth aren't super villains per se, but they were definitely up there as antagonists (Kingpin much more so).

I'd throw Obadiah from back in the day in there as well, as a well motivated supervillain to launch the whole MCU with. Nothing compared to what we have now, but good for the time.

Loki, Kilgrave, and Kingpin are a step above the rest, but that may be due to exposure and how much more development they've been afforded. Infinity War hit the right notes for me in developing Thanos, and hopefully Avengers 4 builds on that.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think you're reaching but I guess that is personal preference. Vincent D's Kingpin was really one dimensional to me, he acted more like Private Pyle than anything else I've seen him in.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just got back from a 2nd viewing myself. Time for my thoughts:

Okay, let's talk about it! Don't read anymore if you don't want spoilers.

-After Ragnarok, I was interested to see what was next for the people of Asgard. Surprisingly: it was death. INSTANT death. The saddest of course, was fan favorite Loki. Seeing it a second time, it was really well done. The first time I was in shock, so seeing it again helped. The God of Mischief will be missed. My second favorite comic villain, to the Joker. It established the power of Thanos though, so it was necessary.

-Speaking of Asgardians, Thor was straight up money in Infinity War. By far my favorite character. When he shows up at the end with Storm Breaker, I honestly had chills. Probably one of the best moments ever in the Marvel universe. So bad ass.

-The dynamic of Tony, Dr. Strange, and Spider-Man was really well done. Thor, Rocket and Groot too. Thor and Star Lord too.

-The Guardians of the Galaxy were hilarious as usual.

-I feel like Captain America and Black Panther were wasted in the movie, but there is only so much you can do.

-What was with The Hulk? I guess they are saving him for an epic moment in Avengers 4.

-Oh cool, Red Skull.........but Why? Haha.

-Thanos was done really well. Almost as good as Steppenwolf in Justice League. Hey oh! Just kidding. He was amazing. CGI was perfect too. I was really impressed. Seeing the villain win for once was pretty cool too. After the credits it says "Thanos will return" instead of The Avengers. Pretty awesome.

-You assume the ending will somehow be reversed, but I don't think anyone has any idea how. Should make the anticipation for Avengers 4 even bigger than Infinity War, which is hard to believe.

-Can't wait to see what happens with Captain Marvel. I like that she didn't appear and was instead called upon at the end.

Everyone did great, but my Top 5 characters were: 1. Thor 2. Iron Man 3. Doctor Strange 4. Thanos 5. Spider-Man

I guess now we sit around and wait for the way less exciting Ant Man and The Wasp..............

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

While Thor was already high on the list of awesome for me (especially after 3) Iron Man and Dr.Strange were pretty low on my favorite Avengers. I wanted to agree with you, that they totally kicked ass in this movie, especially Iron Man. That suit, was beyond awesome.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. having read the comics, I have some idea of how it will affect the ending, but this was so different from the comic book that they can take it any direction and I'm super pumped to see where they take it next year.

Ant Man and Wasp trailer is supposed to drop today. I'm interested to see if they show any tie in at all with Infinity War, or they are keeping it separate.

#94 phubbadaman, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  15. Cman68

I think it was genius the way they took so many well known heroes off the table with options to bring back who they want. A few heroes that were eliminated did surprise me. I guess its all gonna be in the contract negotiations who comes back and who stay disembodied. They certainly seem to be setting up for a new direction in the MCU.

Oh yeah.. Thanos with all the stones is just this side of an all-powerful SuperVillian. Certainly more power than the villians Marvel has presented to us so far.

16. 101GangGreen101

I hope the guy that plays Thor signs off for more movies, his arc has been great the last 2 movies.

Thanos, the modern day Darth Vader.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

I agree. Thor has been amazing. Clearly the best in Infinity War. I am worried though.......
    I am worried many of the main Avengers will be done after the next one. Thor's story seems to be coming to an end, Chris Evans who plays Captain America said he is done after Avengers 4, not sure there is much more for Tony Stark to do either. Hulk and Black Widow are probably safe. Time will tell!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

I think Cap will die in Avengers 4 and Tony will have to live with that sacrifice. He will be Head of Shield probably, so I think he will be in future movies as a cameo. I kinda want Widow to die so Hulk rages on Thanos, but I doubt it will happen. Thor's main villains are all pretty much gone, so I wonder what will happen to him in the next movie, I don't want him to die but I think he could become King and retire as there is still a 1/4 of Asgardians that survived Thanos's snap and destruction of the ship.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

Great points. I guess characters don't have to actually die to exit the series. That is true. I like those ideas.

20. Cidusii

It looks like they're going for one last hurrah with the original Avengers, i.e. Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Thor, etc. I didn't expect it to go in this direction, but it was a pleasant surprise. We get to see the OG crew do their thing before they retire/die/cameo. The only one that might get another movie is the Hulk. Hulk/Black Widow combo? Or maybe they're avoiding that after the last two mediocre Hulk movies that came out before.