Avengers Infinity War Thread - Hype is real!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Mar 17, 2018.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Question for those that saw it, how is the violence/language compared to other Marvel movies?? I'm holding off on taking my 5 year old, but he has seen both GOTG, which I think has the most language (not really a big deal for me anyway) and they have seen a few others. Please no spoilers even in tangential ways. A simple, it is on par with violence/more violent will suffice :)

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

EXCELLENT QUESTION...I told the dude next to me, Marvel made this film for the 5 year old ten years ago that started watching Iron Man then. This one has some intense moments and may feel a bit overwhelming for a young boy. It has alot of humor but it may be good to give your son a heads up that it has some serious tones in the film (not sure if he will care). You guys will probably love it.

No language issue.

I think if your son enjoyed say Thor 2 or any of the serious superhero movies it should be fine...Did he see Batman vs Superman?

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Also, guys I saw this movie last night and I came home...watched the DVR of the draft, celebrated, bought a ticket today for 530pm and then woke up and bought tickets for the true IMAX experience later in the evening.

I genuinely am so happy with this film...I truly believe it is because of the Russo brothers. They edited this film right! They got my boy Thanos right! I wish the guy in my avatar was with DISNEY right now, but alas soon.

However, there are sooooo many moments that make feel amazed...I will discuss next week when people have finally seen the film.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please wait until next year before you post spoilers.

I hear you can get banned for 3 months.

Poeman likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lol I saw Brook perma banned someone and took it back. Last night was quite exciting around these parts haha

6. phubbadaman

We are just a marvel household. He hasn't seen all of them but he has seen Avengers 1 and 2, gotg 1 and 2, black panther and civil war. I'm sure I will take him but I am going to see it first to be sure

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah i thought some more...i dunno if a 5 year old will like this. I probably wouldnt take one

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Have already seen it 3 times haha...I know it is a bit much, I don't know when the last time I did something like this. It may have been Dark Knight Rises

phubbadaman and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll go again some time this week. It is worth seeing again because the first time you watch you are FREAKED OUT the whole time. Probably much easier to process, focus and digest the second time.

Poeman and phubbadaman like this.
  11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

For sure, it was basically a adrenaline ride the first viewing, 2nd viewing was for me to process everything, 3rd one I took my sister to see it in the big IMAX with like 1500 people in the theater. That was a fun experience.

12. phubbadaman

It was so good. Haha, it exceeded all expectations. I think I will bring the kids. I have discussed Thanos killing everyone and the infinity stones enough that I don't think he will care much. Also, I want to see it again. I tried to get tickets to see it again this afternoon but it was sold out. Probably won't get to go until next weekend but I can't wait to watch again.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

My man...have fun with the kids

14. phubbadaman

I will do you one better, why have fun with kids

This was the most intense movie I had ever seen. The action started right away and just did not stop

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Watching the film...I couldn't help but compare Thanos to Stone Cold Steve Austin. The whole movie felt like this video haha

xxedge72x likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The hulk scene was freaking insane.

Poeman likes this.
  17. phubbadaman

Man, this took me down memory lane. I started watching regularly right around when he got hurt, and I remember this match when he came back. Secretly can't wait until my kids are old enough to watch this stuff.

Poeman likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Going to a noon show tomorrow. Already got tickets in hand..Decent seats too.

phubbadaman and Poeman like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Enjoyed the movie. Waited thru the credit run and was rewarded. I'm not sure if DC will ever catch up with Marvel as the Avengers seems to be so much more developed character wise. You can't compete with the Marvel Universe with only 3 characters. This looks like at least a sequel if not a trilogy. I will get this in 4K too as I loved the CGI and the action scenes which were plentiful.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What did you think of Thanos Cman?