Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, May 31, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/05/how_jets_austin_seferian-jenkins_changed_his_life.html

First off, if you haven't read the article at the link above, do so. I think you'll be glad you did. I think it's a very good article about ASJ.

I'm happy for the kid that he's getting the help he needs and has stopped drinking. I hope he can stay sober for his sake, but also for the Jets' sake. He's always been a tremendously talented TE with great size and athleticism. I'm not saying he will, but if he continues with the way he's evidently looking so far in OTAs, I think we Jets fans are going to get awfully excited about him, and the Bucs are gonna rue the day they released him. He has the talent to be one of the top TEs in the game. How exciting would it be if both Leggett and he pan out and what was a position of embarrassing weakness, becomes a position of great strength.

Kudos to the Jets for taking a chance on him, supporting him and helping him try to get his life and career straightened out.

I'm really rooting for him.

boozer32, abc, hornblower and 3 others like this.
  2. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Sure hope him and Leggett turn out to be legit TEs. We haven't had many of them in quite some time.

boozer32 and sackexchange like this.
  3. Loved him coming out of Washington. More than Amaro & just as much as Ebron. He's a solid 2 way option. If he keeps his head on straight,stays healthy & is a step or 2 faster..we could be looking at a keeper at TE.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Amazing what a good TE gives an offense. He has been what you hope a top TE would be...
    nothing but kudos.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes sir. Jace Amaro who?!? This ASJ kid is now a ball player. Give Seferian-Jenkins a Tom Brady and he'll look identical to Gronk because he's currently looking like a freak TE with McCown as his QB.

Maccagnan had one hell of an off-season.

NYJetsO12, xxedge72x and Royal Tee like this.
  6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I was skeptical but he has gotten his shit together. Good for him good for us. Hope for him and us he stays on track. Knock on wood. And about fucking time we get to see a weapon out of the TE position.

7. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

Along with AJS we needed an OC who knew how to use Tight Ends. Kudos also go to Morton for putting TE plays in the book and calling them!

Cman68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

2 DUIs would ruin a white collar workers background check...but lucky for him he is in entertainment business

This kid needed therapy years ago and he was finally ready..alcohol/drugs just cover it up

Kudos to him and Jets to provide the help

Your white collar guys can turn it around too with a boss that understands

9. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

As much as u talk about a guy not doing good things on the field the same effort has to be put when a guy succeeds and over comes his issues. Great job to ASJ because he is conquering a demon and has played great so far since his return. Im gonna keep saying it until it gets done, resign these guys now (Ealy, ASJ and Claiborne)

TwoHeadedMonster, K'OB and Peebag like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If we can lock ASJ up for the next 4-5 years at a reasonable price, that's a massive coup for Maccagnan. He's 25... we'd have him through his prime and most likely along side a young, developing QB. See: Keller, Dustin except much better (when healthy and clean).

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Re-signing him should be a no brainer. An utmost priority imo

12. JohnnyP123456

He is replying to someone who asked about him signing. Love the attitude and he is fast becoming my favorite Jet now.

13. JohnnyP123456

ASJ taking responsibility for the loss

NYJFOREVER and NY Jets68 like this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He should be, no excuse for dropping that pass, he cost us 2 DRs bobbling 1 and dropping the other.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now all we need is a..........

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Good for him, and he's right - along with McCown for his brainless fumble, multitudes of people for ridiculous penalties, Morton for stupid playcalling when down by 12 points, Bowles for not stepping in and telling Morton to be more aggressive, etc., etc. ... Plenty of blame to go around once again.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He lost me at to (twice), embrassed, and Ima.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He didn't lose the game. McCown did.

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

No one told him they upped the limit to 280 characters.

FJF likes this.
  20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He should be "sorry," but enough of that. Cut that shit out and actually show it on the field. Kid needs to work on his hands, and start working them out, because that's 2 TDs that he "bobbled" and were called back from being Tds.. The NE game and today. (although, I truly believed we've been fucked and hosed on those calls) and the drop in the first drive there is ZERO ZERO ZERO excuse for that. Beautiful drive and a great call on 3rd down and he does that bullshit... Cmon Austin... Im just praying for Leggett..