At least we aren't the bills

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JethroTull, Aug 11, 2017.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci believes Bills second-year LB Reggie Ragland may be a trade candidate.
    This wouldn't be surprising as Ragland has been demoted to the third team and isn't a good fit in Buffalo's 4-3 defense. It has been a disappointing start to Ragland's career thus far.
    Aug 19 - 10:51 AM Source: Buffalo News

Best I'd hand over to them would be a 4th rounder. Based on our 2017 team's expectations that could very well be top 100 pick. For me, - no way I'd part with a 3rd rounder. But you'd have a solid thumper in a 3-4 D next to Darron Lee & hopefully have the next few years of ILBs locked up like the D-line & the safeties.

#41 wewantsapp, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  2. wewantsapp

Another guy to consider for ILB.

ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett writes 2015 first-round LB Stephone Anthony's roster spot "appears to be in jeopardy."
    Third-round pick Alex Anzalone looks set to win the weak-side linebacker job, and veteran Craig Robertson is the favorite for backup duties. That does not leave much room for Anthony, who is also dealing with an injury. A new start might be the best option for both sides.
    Source: ESPN Aug 21 - 9:50 AM

I guess our roster, - in its current status - makes anyone from previous drafts enticing. Considering that Demario Davis' future is so murky, we have to consider all available options that would allow us to build in addition to the draft.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bills, Jets and maybe Fins are all trying to go 0-16 and the Pats are trying to go 16-0 and might do it accidentally even.

This is what happens when you let a franchise seek "competitive advantage" over and over again during a long run. Seriously, when you have a league rule changed every 3 or 4 years due to the actions of a single franchise and you also catch them blatantly cheating at least once and maybe twice, well at that point it's time to find a way to put the hammer on them and knock them off the pedestal.

Goodell's biggest failure has been his inability to stifle the Pat's "creativity" and in the process he has made a mockery of the competition in the NFL. Now he's Commissioner for seven more years. Joy.

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Anthony could be one of the players we look at on Sept 3rd after cut downs. I don't think he is worth a pick and I don't think Mac will be parting with draft picks this off season.

#44 TonyFtLaud, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. wewantsapp

Too late. KC already traded a 4th rounder. Exactly what I suggested. But what do they know. They're just a consistently top 5 organization in the AFC.

I knew I should have been an NFL GM.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Well then see if you can travel back in time to select Sapp!

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

or Marino.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

uhhhh ..... obviously, but check his user name ;)