At least we aren’t the Giants.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It was 2015 or something. The Giants-Cowboys game at Metlife where the famous OBJ one handed catch happened. It was a Sunday night game.

My friend, a Cowboys fan, got two club seats from his boss and invited me to the game. We arrived at the parking lot and started tailgating. Tailgate ended and we started walking towards the stadium. There it was. The huge banner at a Giants group reading “At least we aren’t the Jets”

There there.

Today I looked at NFL scores from last Sunday. Giants lost again and are hopeless with an aging QB and no hope in sight.

Yes we only won 3 games but still we have what seems like a quality franchise QB and tons of cap space next year.

What do you say folks? Shall we be happy that at least we aren’t Giants at this point?

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That depends on how Darnold turns out and who the Giants draft in the top 5 next April.

twown likes this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I get non stop text messages from my Giant fan friends "thank god we didn't take Darnold!!" and I just laugh to myself that these guys are absolutely clueless about football.In 7 years Barkley will be doing pre and post game interviews while Sam is just entering his prime. You cant even argue or respond to these messages.

Over the last 2 seasons the Giants have a losing % that is comparable to the Browns. That is all you need to know.

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

My cousin has been a die-hard Giants fan for 45+ years, and he's stopped watching them for now because he knows they are a complete dumpster fire. We've had arguments many times through the years about how good Eli really is, but he told me the day after the draft that "I wanted the Giants to take the guy you guys took," and nothing has changed his opinion. Any Giants fan who doesn't recognize that all of their current hopes are based on a wing and prayer right now is simply clueless. If they get a top replacement for Eli, if Barkley can have a longer productive career than the vast majority of running backs, if they can draft/sign several competent offensive linemen, if Beckham doesn't go down in a massive ball of flame, if Shurmur is a way better coach than he appears to be, then maybe they'll be a team on the rise in two or three years. Most Giants fans I know realize that now is the time for them to keep their mouths shut and hope for the best.

dawinner127 likes this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Giants will waste at least 2 years of Barkley. They have no long term answer at QB and their OL is just as bad as ours. If they're lucky enough to land a QB in next year's draft, that QB will need at least a year to develop.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I actually like what the Giants are doing. It brings back good child hood memories.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I actually had one Giant fan tell me he wants to trade for Tyrod, Carr or Bridgewater and that it’s a quick fix. They are so far away from competing it’s insane. That defense is absysmal and that OL is atrocious. I would love for them to trade for Carr. Give up that top 5 pick and the year after second for a QB making $25/year

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Giants are 4-20 since 2016.
    and with infighting, finger pointing, and organizational dysfunction throughout.

It's quite enjoyable.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Bunch of front runners. Fuck them.

Hopefully Sam's the man and they eat it for 15 years.

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry Brook that does not help me one bit----------losers are losers and all 3 NY teams suck ---- we are as bad as both of them. PS The browns appear to finally get it as Hue Jackson got shit canned,,,,,hopefully we find the right guys to run this mess we are in but I get no fuzzy fuzzy feeling out of it

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t this be in the NFL Forum?

Enjoy your vacation.

Oh, and the Giants suck.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I think we're seeing the end of the myth of the Giants as a model franchise. They sort of were, but only when George Young and Ernie Arcorsi were calling the shots and management let them do their jobs. But now, Young is dead and Arcorsi is long retired. John Mara is not his father, and they've made a lot of bonehead moves over the last few years (e.g., the Josh Brown fiasco, sticking with GM Jerry Reese a few years too long, thinking McAdoof was a genius, passing on a QB in the last draft, and giving that long-term contract to Beckham). Karma anyone?

Walt White likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

They are like the Circus when Rex was here, yet somehow even crazier and worse. The next step is benching Eli. That will be hilarious to watch. Should have happened weeks ago, if not years ago. They are a mess, but the worst kind: they have talent and still lose. I guess that means they could eventually fix things in 2019 or so, but at the moment: dumpster fire.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Barkley will be a Jet in five years when he still will have enough tread on the tires, and the Giants will have nothing to show from this past draft at all.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I really like Barkley not just as play but as a person. He seems like a hard working guy, admired Curtis Martin growing up. Hope Odell doesn’t corrupt him though.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I don't think Tyrod is it but Carr, Bridgewater or Winston go there and the Giants will be contenders for the NFC East division.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea because Winston and Carr are doing so much for their respective teams now.

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Only because that division is full of mediocrity.

Bottom line is the Giants fucked themselves for years into the future unless one of these quarterbacks in this draft turns out to be a star. I’m not sold even a little bit on Herbert but if you ask any Giant fan (who had probably never heard of the guy before two weeks ago) he is going to be the next big thing and better than any 2018 quarterback. I’ve never seen a fan base in such denial.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I've been rooting for the Giants the past couple weeks. I really don't want them getting their next franchise QB already.

NCJetsfan, phubbadaman and stinkyB like this.
  20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Well Winston still has a chance , I just think he needs a change of scenery. Plus Eli is arguably one of the worst starting QB's right now. You don't think the Giants would be elated to grab a Winston or Carr, as compared to what they have now???